Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

is encroachment bad.

motelman99mmotelman99 Posts: 122
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:27 AM in Lower Back Pain
severe encroachment of the neural foramina secondary to facet sclerotic changes at l5-s1....been looking it up on the net,but can,t find out what this is.

• Anything that is developing is not preferable and looking up what might happen equally bad and this only makes you worry more, knowledge of what you have is more relevant to you and any inferred projection of what it might be will not help you now.

To be fair no aspect of chronic pain is good and most are at the developing stage and never static. It may be thought that most development can be slowed down or minimised and this may well be the case, I have DDD and as many the rate of progression differs for all recipients and I what to know what will happen to me not, a generalisation of what could happen.

We are all limited by the development of what we have and who knows the scale and duration of it final outcome, even those with the knowledge and expertise would be hard pressed to put any time scale on this other than categoric evidence that refutes this impression. Most here have to live with what they have and always that notion of what it might become and none of that is easy,

Call it what you want it still hurts, it may well be that intervention may assist your plight and realistic intervention where appropriate is always your decision.

Take care John.
  • thanks for writing,just never thought i would have chronic pain.hate it...its always there never leaves,even when my pain meds r working this never goes away.i go from a 7or 8 to a 5 but never gone.anyway thanks for reading this.mark
This discussion has been closed.