Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Anyone know Propoxyphen-Apap

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:27 AM in Pain Management
I have two prescriptions in my medicine closet and am wondering if anyone knows their strengths and if they contain tylenol? What does this mean: Propoxyphen-APAP 100-650 MGTEV? what does the 100 and 650 mean? Also: Oxycodone-APAP 5-325 MG TABMCK?

I have a very sensitive stomach and was wondering if I only took half of one of these pills would it still have the same effect as the full pill but not as lengthy?

I'm unable to take ibuprofens and tylenol .they either upset my stomach the entire day or cause nausea.

thanks, Cleverlee

• It means that there is 100 mg of a medication called darvon in it, and 650 mg of tylenol......and the Oxycodone is 5 mg of oxycodone and 325 mg of tylenol.
    You should not break a pill unless your doctor or pharmacist tells you that you can.
    Darvon/darvocett- which is what you have is the weaker of the two meds, although many get decent pain relief from it, especially if you have a sensitive stomach, but it does have a higher amount of tylenol in it.
    The oxycodone is stronger, but has less tylenol.
    I would not however fill both prescriptions at once because you will set off red flags.
    Why are you holding two prescriptions for pain killers anyway? Are they from two different doctors?
  • Hi sandi, Yes, they're from two different doctors. One was just for back pain given to me in July 08 when I only had pain in my buttock. The other was for any pain after I had a hemorroidectomy in Dec 08. thank goodness I didn't need to take any. With the hemorr operation I was given a pain pump which was removed easily by myself after the second day. It was not internally placed. whatever was in it helped.

Do you know what pain meds don't contain typlenol? What about tramodol (spelling??)?

Looks like you have a very strong stomach.what with all the meds you have listed.

Thanks for all this information.

Since being on this web site, I've started putting everyone in my daily prayers. Never knew people still suffered with pain years after their surgery.

Sincerely, Cleverlee
  • Hi Cleverlee,
    There are many meds that don't contain tylenol, tramadol does contain it however. Tramadol is usually prescribed under the name of Ultracet...or Ultram.
    Many of the long acting meds don't contain any tylenol at all or motrin, and your doctor can recommend several for you to try. Pain management is trial and error, and what works for one, may not work as well for another.
    Oxycodone does not have tylenol, it is straight oxy which is the same drug that you find in percocet.
    As far as I go, I have a normal stomach, but even mine can get really irritated after taking motrin or tylenol too often.
    You're quite welcome.......unfortunately, there are far too many of us who find ourselves in this position of needing pain medication in order to function.