Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Been A while since I posted So re-introducing myself!

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:27 AM in New Member Introductions
Hello all,
I had lost all the login info so now I am a newby again but some of you may remember me! My name is Chrissy and I am still in recovery mode from my latest surgery on Sept 3 2008. A two level ACDF of C4-5 and C5-6

At this time i am undergoing PT and I am still in PM. I have been going through trigger point injections to work out the terrible burning I was left with in the scapular area after my cervicle surgerues. I still have neck pain but not like before.

The treatments I am recieving at this time seem to be helping me. In PT the therapist is doing Myofacial release and that coupled with the trigger points has helped enough that I have just reduced my meds by 30% about 4 days ago.

We will just have to see how my pain levels are in over the next few weeks and the coming month before I can see if I am ready to try another decrease.

I am a student and I am not always able to come and check in every day , but if you do PM me I will respond.

I have missed my friends here and it has been about a month or so snce I have been on so I thought I might say hellp and re introduce myself.

It has been one heck of a road and there are many folks here who have helped me through every step.
I am returning here to share my experience strenth and hope with others that are living with chronic Pain of many sorts...
We can't do this thing alone so lets all share and let the good times begin... :H

• hi and welcome back to the forum! :H we are still here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. it is great to hear you are having a successful recovery! =D> keep up the work with your pt and follow all your doctor's orders. get your rest when you can (|: school is an awful lot to carry on with after surgery!! good luck as you continue! :D Jenny :)
  • I hope you continue to heal well and be able to do well in your studies. Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • Hi Chrissy,

I am glad to hear you are doing well. Thanks for updating us on your progress. Your positive attitude and healing process will hopefully help others facing similar surgery to feel at ease. I'm glad you came back, we missed you.

Keep on healing!
  • I wish you much luck in your recovery and look forward to seeing you around the forum.
  • Okay I think I have two accounts now..oops I will have to contact Ron..

Anyway...I am still doing well except I have an issue going on with my knee...
    I will explain later...gotta contact Ron!