Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Foot problems

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
Hi everyone I have'nt posted in a while. My leg and butt pain is alot better I did Pt for a long time and have been getting better in allot of ways and I can finally drive but not long distances without it bothering me. I'm haveing a new problem my foot feels really weird it's been going on for a month but for the past seven days straight toes feel like I have bands around them, my foot cramps in the middle somedays, and the worst is my foot feels like it's wet and when I have shoes on it's the worst feels like my sock is soak and wet. It's driving me crazy.

I went to the dr. thursday and she did bloodwork and an mri I have'nt got the results yet. Does anyone have symptoms like this? Is this all nerve related? I did start bp meds about 2 months in I'm not sure if that could cause any of it or not.

Thanks for your replies

• It is entirely possible that the foot sensations are being caused by a nerve compression in the lower lumbar spine.

Almost four years before I realized I had any "back" problems, I was getting weird sensations in my feet. I was told I had peripheral neuropathy, a diagnosis given me based on symptoms but no testing. I only found out this past October that I never had neuropathy, but that the problem was caused by chronic L5 radiculopathy.

I wouldn't think the medications for BP would be causing your symptoms, but I suppose it is a possibility.

One tip that may or may not work for you when driving: take a small hand towel, roll it into a tube shape and put it slightly under the outside thigh, from knee to hip, of the leg you use on the accelerator. This keeps you thigh, (and thus some of the muscles of your pelvis and butt) from rotating outward when you are driving more than a few blocks at a time. It takes some of the pressure off the lower lumbar discs as a result. You might give it a try to see if it helps any.
  • Thanks gwennie for the response and the tips on driving, yea driving is hard to do well everything is a challenge right now. I had sciatic in only my right side to start with but now it's in my left side really bad, butt, hamstring and feet it's like it's a new adventure every day.

I'm going to meet with the dr. friday and go over the new mri and hopefully see an orthopedic next week. I hope I can get an injection or something for relief. It turns out one of my customers is a orthopedic and does alot of work for the ball teams so I won't have to wait a long time to see him. I can't wait to get life back to somewhat normal.

Thanks again
  • it is L5/S1 i have the same problems with my right leg/foot its that bad that i carnt wear shoes .the only thing i can stand is CROCS as there are very comfortable
  • I had surgery 20 months ago. I had L4/L5 and L5/S1 fussion.
    Before surgery all my pain was lower back and buttocks. Couldn't take it any more and had surgery. Now the majority of my pain is in my legs below the knee and in my feet. With severe cramps. Doc says nerve stayed pinched to long and said it was permently damaged and test confirmed. Taking Keppra for the cramps. Knocked em out in no time. No such luck for the feet pain. Feet hurt all the time. Twice as bad at night and weather changes. Can't find no meds to help. Going to doc this week. Someone in forum mention Methodone and stated it works great on the foot pain. See what doc says.