Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
Been awhile since I last posted as I have been concentrating on my cervical fusion surgery recovery (two discs flattened out against cord causing entire left side numbness). I have also been trying to work through the chronic back pain that continues through my legs and feet and also numbness in my feet/toes, The lower back, legs and feet issues have been going on for about 2 1/2 years and during this time I have gone through 3 physical therapy programs which provided no relief and the doctors just keep adding new pain meds and increasing the levels of vicodin, ms contine, fetynal patches, neurontin and relafen. On friday I picked up the latest MRI results taken of the lower back and was surprised to see some new findings which were "mutliple scattered benign hemangiomas from T12 through L4" and a large lesion in the lower lobe of the right kidney. None of these findings were on the other three MRI's that have been taken over the past 2 1/2 years of that area. Prior results showed disc bulge at L4 and L5 and ddd. Anyone have similar results such as the hemangiomas and any advice as to where to turn next? The lower back and extemeties pain and numbness seem to get worse each day. I am trying to stay positive, but, with each test comes a different set of bad news and I hate the feeling of staying on pain meds all of the time.

• I don't have it like you, but I do have one on L2. I don't know much about treating them, but they will operate on it if it's causing a stress fracture or it is pressing on a nerve. I'm sorry you're going through this, and it seems like it's one thing after another. What has your doctor said about this?
  • Hi meydey!! Thank you for the reply, See personal physician tomorrow, but cannot get in to see the ortho surgeon until 2/26 so it is now the usual waiting game.