Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Seeing Neuro on Weds, but Impatient

SCtigger7SSCtigger7 Posts: 14
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:27 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
Hi all,

After months of testing on my shoulder (SLAP tear repair in Jan 2008) my doc finally ordered an MRI of C-Spine and this is what it revealed. I would appreciate any insight you can provide, and typical treatments.

Posterior bulging in T2-3 disc.

At C5-6, there is loss of disc height with anterior and posterior bulging in the disc. There is also facet arthropathy. There is uncovertebral arthropathy, right greater than left.

At C4-5, there is marked uncovertebral arthropathy. There is loss of disc height. There is anterior and prosterior bulging in the disc and facet arthropathy with proximal neural foraminal stenosis, right greater than left.

At C3-4, there is anterior and posterior bulging in the disc. The C2-3 disc is well maintained and the cervical cord appears normal.

Thanks everyone!
Shane in SC
Lumbar laminectomy 2005
ACDF 2006
Thoracic discectomy 2008
Lumbar discectomy 6/2010 & rods and screws due to reherniation-8/2010
2/14---new cervical pain with radiculopathy--both arms
advertisement

Comments

• Since we're not Drs here we can't interpret your MRI. But after all you've been through by your signature is rough. I have facet joint arthropy(arthritis) and I've had injections that have relieved pain and I can move a little better now. Anyways take a look around and next thing you know it's Wednesday! You'll find more people who've had your type of surgeries drop by soon. Take care and keep us posted if you like for your plan of care and the actions of the Neurologist. We'll be here to support you. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • Thanks, Charry!

I'm actually seeing a neurosurgeon in the same practice as the one that did my first ACDF. I'm seeing a different one because he performs the artificial disc replacement, but I don't think I'm going to be a candidate since I've had a fusion already and there are now multiple herniations. Thanks for the response!!
    Shane
    Shane in SC
    Lumbar laminectomy 2005
    ACDF 2006
    Thoracic discectomy 2008
  • Sorry, I didn't mean to break the rules.

Does anyone know what doctors typically do for multiple herniations? Is it practical to have fusions of several different cervical discs?
    Shane in SC
    Lumbar laminectomy 2005
    ACDF 2006
    Thoracic discectomy 2008