Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

March or April surgeries?

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:27 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
I am scheduled for March 23rd, ALIF & PLIF. Anybody else out there for March or April?

• I am a lurker who has found this site to be invaluable. Two level L3-5 PLIF scheduled for 4-6-09. I can hardly wait!
  • I have ALIF surgery on March 5th
  • i have TLIF surgery and decompression on 5 march on l5 - S1....got other issues with l1, seeing surgeon tomorrow about those, so maybe getting more done too..

good luck and keep posting
  • I am having TLIF on March 24. Somedays I wish it was sooner and some days I think I can reschedule for later in the year.
    Take care,
  • I have ALIF and XLIF on March 16 and March 20. I agree with Stacey...good and bad days...yes I need surgery...no I don't need surgery. So many emotions.
  • I'm having ACDF with a plate done for C5-C6 on March 26th in Northern California. I actually work for the hospital where it'll be done.........but I'm STILL nervous.

It's good timing... won't be having my period right then... will have just gotten done with big project at work... rainy weather anyway... I'll get my hair and nails done right before... life should be good! Well, except that little surgery issue.
  • Anyone else having surgery in March or April? I am less than a month away. After yesterday I know I need to get this surgery over, had a really bad pain day. Today is a little better.
    It is nice to know we are not alone in our waiting.
    Take care,
  • I am at the end of the traditional conservative treatments, you know, PT, ESI, Nerve Root Block (last block scheduled for March 5) and can see the surgery looming on the horizon. My injury is being handled by workers comp, so surgical approval may take a little more time than normal. I am anticipating the surgery discussion at the 2 week follow-up to the injection,assuming no improvement, and figure it will be sometime in April. L5-S1 fusion via Minimally Invasive approach according to the discussions I have had with the Dr. at my last nerve block injection. I wish you all, as well as myself, a quick recovery and a good outcome!

• i am scheduled for a two level xlif on march 20th......

: (
  • I am scheduled for March 17th but now that I found out they want a $18,000.00 deposit at the hospital I don't know what I am going to do insurance only covers the fusion on L5 S1 not the ADR on L4-5.. hang in there I have learned so much from all the people here at SH I don't know what I would do without them.. Thank you:) :}
  • I'm scheduled for 2 level ACDF on March 30. I am lucky in that I'm not having terrible pain. Mine is being done so I don't end up paralyzed. I have not been sleeping since I found out on Tuesday that I really need to have the surgery. We were planning medical management til my leg gave out for a while on Mon & that is happening periodically. I also work for the hospital where I'm having my surgery. I pity my doc... if anything goes wrong the docs in my department will kill him. They're gonna miss me while I'm on my leave =) Good luck to all!

• I am being admitted to hospital on the 11th March, going for a revision of a non-fused PLIF , I will know more details about what sort of op I am having when I am finished with a day of appointments and tests on Monday. Op day is the 12th, and I am very anxious, having been through it all before I know too much and the whole affair is just too scarey !
    Good luck to all, it will be a pleasure to share recovery with you .... !

• I'm all ready to go for March 3rd. It took me 3 weeks to find an opening with the hospital. I'm having an ACDF on my C5-C6.
  • I have surgery scheduled for March 12th for ACDF C5-6 and C6-7.
    The days are sure going fast.

• I feel like it can't get here soon enough ~X( and yet I am terrified. :SS :S I went without my pain pills for a few days last week, big mistake! Reinforced my need for this. Also had new symptoms last few weeks. Left leg falling asleep, tight and had zingers down my right leg. @) Yep, time for surgery. Good luck to everybody next week. Keep us posted on how you are doing!
  • I am having a S1/L5 L5/L4 PLIF some time in April. Have not gotten the call for the exact date. I am ready to get it over with to begin the healing process. This has been quite a journey and I have had to learn a lot of patience and say a lot of prayers. And I know the journey has just begun. Good luck to all of you. Keep us all posted
  • Wed. is coming wayy too fast for me, but then again I am glad to get it over with. I am sure I will feel better. Good luck to everyone.

L 4/5 posterior spinal fusion & decompression.
  • Hi everyone!

I am scheduled for decompression and fusion L4-S1 on March 10 :( I am scared too !! Good luck everyone :)

• I am having microdisectomy on March 4th. First one. Like someone posted, I am so ready , but scared too.
  • ...everybody will do fine

I had my L4-L5 fusion 1/5 and have just started PT this past week and am clicking along
  • It is March 1st and I wanted to wish all the first week of March surgeries many blessings. We are all nervous and scared when it is time for surgery but everyone will do just fine and be back typing to all of us very soon.
    Keep us posted, those of us that have surgery dates coming up will be waiting for your news.
    I will keep praying for everyone!!
    Take care,
  • i go in on wednesday and have surgery on thursday....good luck to everyone else x
  • Is my lucky day. L4/L5 Laminectomy. Also scared to death.
  • I'm having two level ACDF March 11. Nervous - but wanting this over with.
  • my surgery is a tlif fusion of l5 s1 with hardware and decompression, i go into the hospital tomorrow, and am very calm about it!! Surgery day after tomorrow, and then the road to recovery.... we shall all have to compare notes after
  • Had a few of you with surgeries at the beginning of the month and two or three with surgeries yesterday or today. Wondering how you folks are doing? :T Hoping you will post how you are doing when you feel up to it. @) I am going on March 23rd. Trying to get stuff ready both mentally and around the house for this. 8} Hugs to all! >:D< >:D< >:D<
  • I go in for my first spinal op this month after 10years of chronic pain and no help from conservative treatments. Having L3 discetomey and decompressin.. actually looking foward to it because I want my life back.. cant wait to no longer be house bound )although I know this wont be a quick process after the op!)
    Good Luck to all the other posters with ops in March & April x
  • I'm scheduled for ALIF of L4-L5 on April 6 - I'm anxious to hear from other L4-L5 ALIF friends - wish it were over already!
  • I'm scheduled for a cervical laminoplasty March 25th. I had an ACDF in 2005 on C3-C4. The Laminoplasty will be on C4-C7. Hopefully I won't have any more surgeries after this one! I do know that I will have to wear a 'hard' collar for 3 months post surgery! Not looking forward to that either.

Anyone else had a laminoplasty (vs laminectomy)?

Good luck to all,