Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Hello new to this forum and just starting on my journey

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:27 AM in New Member Introductions
Hey there!
I'm a 38 years old and new to this forum. I've been reading on the boards for the past few weeks and thought I'd join tonight. I've been dealing with back pain for as long as I can remember, but I was able to deal with it until about 6 months ago when things started to get bad and I was able to "ignore" the problem any longer as it was not going away. I have learned that I have severe degenerative disc disease, and scoliosis along with some other diagnosis that I seem to be "gaining" with each new test that the doctor does. So, I am so appreciative of this site and you all who are here. Thanks for reading as I appreciate all the insight I can get!

• Welcome to S~H :H

I have DDD too,along with other problems,and I'm being treated conservatively with medication,TENs unit,ice,and have had ESI's & TPI's.Have you been started on any treatments yet?

I'll look forward to hearing more from you here in the forums.
  • hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. it is great you decided to join us! =D> i too have DDD and use conservative measures to treat my pain.. i hope you find pain relief for your problems as well.. there is alot of great information here on the site about DDD.. good luck as you continue on your pain journey! :D Jenny :)
  • I've looked here a couple of times before. I hurt the right side of my neck in a car wreck 10 years ago (literally not a scratch on my) and have had moderate problems ever since. I'm probably in pretty good shape compared to a lot of people here. I've been told its facet syndrome and recently spondylosis, nothing on Xrays or MRI, basically AFU. The NSAIDS and muscle relaxers still work, along w/ the facet injections so no big deal as to what the name is. The new twist is I've ended up with rotator cuff tendonitis in my good shoulder. DR & PT say it because of my neck and 5 weeks of traction have helped. I'm just tired of this crap.
  • :H Hi there aw & the others who posted. I appreciate the welcome. Robin, to answer your question, I'm currently being treated with conservative meds and still in the process of doing some further tests. All this is so new & yes, the wealth of info here is so great! I feel somewhat lost, knew something was very wrong for a long time, but was able to deal with the episodes with heat/cold and with temp help from my PCP. But, it appears that it is no longer possible to deal with things that way. I've also been looking into some water therapy. Anyhow! Thanks so very much for the welcome & how much I appreciate this site!!! In this confusing time, feels so much better to know there are people who have gone down this road before me leading the way.
  • Glad to have you! I'm new too..as of last week and this site has been helpful...informative...great stress reliever...and nice to know we're not alone. Blessings to you in your search for your problems.
  • Welcome to SH :H I have severe DDD in L4-S1 and chronic degenerative endplate changes. I had other conditions (see below) that went along with this and went through 2 surgeries. It's nice to have you here and we look forward to getting to know you. Take care :)