Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Fibro and PLIF

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:27 AM in Fibromyalgia
I have Fibro and have for years. Luckily mine is not debilitating. I am curious as to how Fibro patients heal after PLIF surgery. Anyone have any experience with this? I know everyone heals at a different rate, but I wonder if actually getting up and around will be more difficult due to the Fibro pain in addition to the back pain.

I have Grade II spondololisthesis, severe DDD, spondylosis and stenosis at L5-S1...

I am looking at a two level fusion L4-S1 on March 10th.

• I'm not officially diagnosed with fibro, but during my recovery, I can tell that I've had a few days feeling like I've got the "flu" and then it lifts. During the 9 weeks I was off work, I probably had 4 times of 2 days like this. Since returning part time, I've had a flare last Friday. I've also noticed the fog is worse.

Right off though, immediately after surgery, not sure if it was due to the IV antibiotics and the muscle relaxers, I haven't had the allover aches as much as now that I'm not taking all the meds and returning to work.

I know everyone is different. I hope you have the best of luck with your surgery and recovery.