Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

3 1/2 months post-ACDF

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,670
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:27 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Just thought I'd share some good news. I just had my 3 1/2 month recheck with my NS and the x-rays show "significant" fusion at the surgery site. He didn't give me a percentage, like 50% fused, 90% fused, etc. just that it's right where he likes to see it at this point. I've been off all pain meds for a month and it doesn't feel like I've ever had anything done. Back to work 100% and only avoiding "extreme" behavior like skiing and snowmobiling.

My next re-check is X-rays in another 3 months and my NS expects to sign off on me at that point. I just wanted to share some good news from the trenches...sometimes it does all work out!

• this is excellent news. Unfortauntely, I am not in the same boat. I had my ACDF C6/C7 with PEEK CAGE on 11/6/08 and my fusion is going very slow. I'mcurious though, I started taking that Citrical Bone Density Builder PLUS just as you are after I found out and am hoping that makes a difference - when did you start taking it? Or have you been taking it for a long time? I'm hoping it makes a difference for me at my 6 month checkup 4/27/09. The good news is I'm fusing, it's just very slow. I had to wear hard collar for 12 weeks and now in a soft collar for 6 weeks (3 more to go). Thanks and EXCELLENT news for you! CONGRATULATIONS! That must be such a relief!
  • I'm so happy for you - what a relief, eh? Again congrats and enjoy your new old self.