Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

facet gone bad. What are the symptoms

cla_guaccla_gua Posts: 186
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:27 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
Any one who has had facet joint problems what are your symptoms?

• All of us are different, so what one may feel you may not and vice versa. But i do understand the sense, that you want to know more are out there like you.

I have facet problems in my cervical -Lack of rotate in all directions but the most pain bending my head forward and ALOT OF PAIN bending my neck backward. Lots of clicking noises as well. In addition to the cervical i do have some problems of the T area, so not sure how to seperate it - pain between shoulder blades into both shoulders, elbow (like someone hitting my funny bone) down into my lt writst and ring finer,pinke and thumb.

I don't know if these are simular to you - but what did your doctor say? Did he diagnosis the facet problem?
  • in reply to facet joints- i was told that was where my pain was coming from, my symptoms are- neck pain with movement like a throbbing pain between my shoulder blades, pain radiating into my shoulder.my mri showed facet joint disease, i use heat when my neck act's up, and pay local visits to pain managment, that helps somewhat.i'm 42 and some day's feel 62.... best to ya
  • My last mri read 2 mm protrusion on c5-6 and minimal bulge at c6-7 and c7-t1. I experience headaches due to tight muscle or spasms from my occipital muscles to my shoulders. My physical therapist has suggested irritated facet joints. I have experienced the pain when I move my head back and forward but this was when I was first injured. I haven't really had it since. I do hear clicking noises on and off.

Thanks for sharing.
  • i am 42 too, going on 43 this summer - are you taking anything for the pain, or injections, etc. Are they considering the injections that lead to Radiofrequency (lots of names for the burning of the nerve endings)?

i did have some success for neck range and less pain, but it did nothing for the b/w the shoulders pain and the into the shoulder blade, shoulder pain.

keep us updated to what happens