Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

week 6

mrs pmmrs p Posts: 230
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:27 AM in Diet, Nutrition, Weight Loss
hello all week 6 has arrived and for me not a good week.
went to the doc as planned didn't get to see my usual lady doc so had to see the organ grinder!!!
well i don't like him never did!!only to be told no you lost no weight at all..........how gutted was i!!
but hell I'm the one wearing the clothes and i know that things have changed!!
i was in and out of docs in 5mins.
some docs just don't get the personality thing do they??
he didn't even open my file to read any off my past notes so i didn't even bother to talk about the lyrica.ill go back next week when my own nice considerate doc returns from her holidays.
so on this note i leave you......a not very happy dieter with questions that i need answered next time by someone who will give me the time off day and consider my issues.

• Sorry you had a bad week. :(

I almost feel guilty for saying I'm down 2.5 pounds this week.... almost! ;)
  • never ever feel guilty.....im so proud off you well done!!!!!

LOVE P
  • if i were u id just use ur own scales at home and just weigh yourself every thursday,save u going 2 the docs ,im sure you re losing inches if u can feel it,have a great night at keira s bithday,don t eat too much lol

I lost 2 pounds so im happy,well sort off lol,mind i did eat a danish pastry last night so better do some walking today

well done bionic woman keep it up
  • I haven't lost anything this week. I did lose 2 pounds but it found me so I'm the same. Good luck for next week. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • benji, well done!! <:P you got the better of the bread!! :D on to another week! charry, a new week to try again! =D> where there is no gain you can be happy!!! :D 6 days to stick to your food plan!! good luck! Jenny :)
  • hi all!! i stayed the same this week so the scale still says 143#.. :D this may be the place where the battle begins. ~X( i will stick to my current food and exercise plan.. keep up with the journaling and my pedometer!! i want to see 140# next week!! <:P i treated myself to a piece of pizza and 2 oatmeal-walnut cookies last night!! :D i feel like i am good to go for the rest of the week though!! here's to an all out try! Jenny :)
  • this is what i recieved from lulu ive had enough of this crap!!!

hi!! sorry you had a bad time at the doctors but you seem to have a reason every week for being late or not weighing.. if you want to have a membership, YOU HAVE to at least show up on Thursday, weigh in day.. come on,, what kind of forum are you running?? just a suggestion!Jenny

right folks this is just one of the pm's i have received from lulu I'm sorry but ive had enough off her attitude.
    it has been hard to deal with lulu from day 1!! this is very lite pm compared to the rest.
    there is no call for anyone to have this attitude.
    I'm tired of it and i refuse to deal with it anymore.
    i am having a great day as my baby is 18 today so off tonight to have a hoolie!!!!
    i will not let my day be ruined by someone with this attitude who knows absolutely nothing about my life!!!
    thank you to all who have kept up this forum.

LOVE P
  • Just keep doing what you are doing. I for one am glad you started this new year of dieting. I'm behind you all the way. I know you have a life other than SH, especially with you being a mom of 5 kids. We all know you will get around to starting a topic each week. You are doing just fine!

Unfortunately no weight loss for me. I'll just keep trying. It is bound to change eventually. Just so it doesn't go up!

Surviving chronic pain one day at a time, praying for a reprieve because living another 40 years like this doesn't sound too fun!
  • I know you have been very patient, and you have successfully ignored the surreptitious barrage. I would like to commend you Paula for your deligence and integrity for steadfastly ignoring the provocation and vituperation, because this shows a lot about your character Paula. Thanks Paula for starting this diet group! Please keep your diet group going. I think you have done a wonderful job with your diet group! I'm sorry I haven't posted this past week, but I do understand sometimes things happen in life out of our control which can result in posting a little late...but the most important issue here is to keep YOUR diet group going!! take care
  • Mrs P,

I just wanted to make sure that you know how much I appreciate you for starting this weekly Diet SUPPORT thread...and keeping it going too. Please don't let SOME people ruin it fo you, or us. I have to agree with BrokenLady, it is YOUR thread, some of us have no right to tell you how to run it. If they don't like it, they should have remained in their own thread. I know it is impossible to do, being that you are being PM'd, but please just try to ignore it.

And so, I did push the "Flag as offensive" button for the first time, as I believe that I have the right to speak up as well, and when someone is missing the point of the whole purpose of any thread on such a site as Spine-Health, then I think they may need a wake-up call.

BTW, SOME FOLKS replies are the reason I do not like to post to the weekly thread anymore, I don't enjoy their replies to every poster....as if they have all the answers. I have not been around SH a lot lately...I'm really tired of SOME FOLKS opinion on every matter...and although I do believe we all have a right to speak our opinion, as long as we are following the "Rules", we don't all have to listen.

I was taking this thread as a way to support and help and motivate each other, and I wonder if these types of comments could be why so many that originally signed up on this thread have become quiet...but I should not make these assumptions.

Anyway, enough of MY opinion. Thank you Mrs P, and everyone, for all of your support, and please keep in touch.

• i've been hiding...unable to find a scale that wouldn't cry at my approach!..lol..
    so, finally found some extra money, and bought one.(chained it to wall so it couldn't escape!)..hehehe...
    seriously tho...since starting my topomax on jan. 18th, i have lost...7lbs!!!!

...unfortunately, my IQ has also dropped, but that is a topic for another thread...LOL..

seriously tho...mrs p...dont quit the thread...you are like the drill sargent of diets...we fear you...(in a good way) :D ...you keep us going!
  • As I have stated I have not been able to do much without being able to exercise, or get out of bed some days, but I appriciate this diet thread. I get my sinus surgery here in a few days and I hope I have no excuse here soon.

Once I get to the point when I am able to really get into this diet thing I will be posting a loss every week, hopefully. I will weight myself on thursday, but if I need to post that weight a day or two late because Paula is having a busy week. No problem!

Again Paula, thank you so much for starting this thread and kicking so many of us in the butt to get motivated. I hope you are able to stay excited about this thread and continue to be there for us. Take care, and I am going to weigh in tomorrow morning..................sorry, lol.

• Hey, I now weigh 265 lbs, wow I am up 3 pounds. Isnt that great,,,oh wait, I was supposed to be down in weight. I get my sinus surgery in a few days so I will most likely miss a week or two.

As stated in my previous posting, once I stop feeling like a zombie I hope to keep up with some of the better dieters. Here is to the 225 weigh in by Dec 31st 2009!

• I have a thought... :?

Why not create one sticky thread for "Weekly Weigh-in," instead of creating a new discussion each week? That way, everyone can post their weekly weigh-in on whatever day they choose to weigh-in -- and nobody will have to be inconvenienced if the new thread-of-the-week doesn't come up on the schedule they prefer.

There could also be a single sticky "Diet Discussion" thread, so that any discussion we're having could just continue on without the "threadus interruptus" that occurs with a new thread each week.

• Okay, I've been horrible with the weigh-ins.

I haven't unpacked my scale yet, so it's been awhile since I've weighed myself.

Unfortunately, I've been making a loaf of bread, usually every other day, and eating it frequently because on a limited budget, it's so much cheaper than a loaf of bread at the store and tastes so much better.

So, when I get to unpacking, I'll post my loss/gain, whatever.

P, hang in there, like I've said before, I don't mind not having a set date to weigh in. I like to be able to update when I HAVE time, rather than a specific date, etc.

Keep up the good work everyone!
  • avaccaro, your cat is so lively for 21. <:P i just lost my Annabell Lee of 18 years a few months ago. :''( i haven't met too many cats living that long, 21 years! what a happy and healthy life you must be giving her!! =D> meow! :D Jenny :)
  • hopeless-in-mn,7 pounds since January, congratulations!!!! keep that scale locked up, it looks like a good one! :D Jenny :)
  • mrs p, i am sorry you found it necessary to post the pm. i have not seen that done before on the SH forum. ever!!! :T regardless of that, there was nothing wrong with what i wrote to you. i inquired about your health, i made a few suggesions, and ended with "just a thought." nothing mean or rude or anything like that. the truth is we do need to have weigh in day every Thursday. =D> Not Friday. you are all rilled up over nothing. i am upset with you for betraying a confidence and saying untruths. ~X( i do notice you thank everyone for keeping up the thread and i know you must mean me too. you are welcome!! just a thought! :D Jenny :)
  • BionicWoman, what a choice idea!!!! it makes alot of sense and everyone can just weigh in any old day they want. good thinking! :D Jenny :)
  • I try to answer alot of people because people sometimes get no answers to posts. Maybe I shouldn't try to answer everyone's. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • Well it Sunday and I have been absent. I'm not really working on the diet right now to much as still having the swallowing and voice issues. But you all keep up the good work and I will be along shortly. I'm happy to say I'm loosing weight but it is in noway healthy and i suppose it is muscle at this point and time. Anyway i always check weight on sundays as it is more relaxed day of the week. Paula hang in there and good things will happen, I will be curious what doc says this next week. Mitch you will be out of surgery soon and on the road to recovery and back to dieting once your feeling better. Now dan you just came out to play with the kitties i think. Good luck to the rest of you this week and will see how everyone has done whichever day works best for everyone.
  • Please, I did not mean that no one should reply to anyone..just not to the point of telling others they are wrong in the way they want to post. And then....I did the same thing!!!!??? AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHRRRRRRGGGG!

My point being....can we just try to support each other here..and not thrash at one another? If not....fine..I will find another support area.
  • Ah...I'm 21, not my cat ;)

He's only 3.

Sorry, about your cat though.
  • does anyone else have fat days,when no matter what you put on ,you just feel fat,well im having one of those,think il just pu
    t a tracksuit on walk the dog and hide from the world

Avacarro thought the cat look good for 21 lol
This discussion has been closed.