Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

today is botox day

baffledbbaffled Posts: 375
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:27 AM in Upper Back Pain, Thoracic
so the wait is over and finally today is the day for the botox injections for neck and back. i am a little nervous and hopeful. i hope that i can say what i need to say to my doc. let you all know after i get home.

• I hope it helps you. Let us know. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • Just remember that it will take several days for the Botox to really start taking effect.

Best wishes, I hope it works for you.

• Well the injections went well, he injected the neck section of my trap, and lower down in the trap both sides (4) total injections. the upper back, feels slightly better and i am waiting for the neck to kick in. But like you said 'C' we shall give this some time.

the good doctor title, is about his apology to me - again - for our last office visit. he actually admitted he was more interested in getting me out of the office that day he was so sick himself - he admitted this to me in front of his assistant. I don't know if he will ever know how much my spirit needed him to admit that out loud to me. I, like many, feel we get the run around, or dismissed - and it ligitimizes that it does happen. But what a terrific sense of character/ethics he must have to not try and lie - but claim his own mistakes. I guess docs are human after all! This is such

Keep your fingers crossed - he is confident - in fact he said, it has no choice but to work! let's hope this is it!
  • oh i so hurt - My neck is so not good - i can't seem to bend forward now without allot of discomfort and effort. I guess this might not be a big deal - but in 3 weeks i will be spending @ 90% of my day in this position at work. The muscles that were not injected are pissed off - and i am full of spasms.

The thoracic is not any better - what i was frightened of seems to be coming true. I believed that my muscle spasms were a secondary occurance to a problem. The trap. muscle is not spasming, and does feel looser - but the "gotta pole stuck right thru me" is still there and it hurts into my sternum. And again the rest of the muslces that were not injected are pissed off.

I saw one of my doc's friday and he did say, that it may be not working , but to give it some more time. I am still 'baffled' and still wishing for 'some comfort'
  • I am going to a pm doctor on wed. and he to has suggested Botox so I'm very interested in hearing how yours is going.
  • I am going to a pm doctor on wed. and he to has suggested Botox so I'm very interested in hearing how yours is going.
  • Renee,
    I cannot report back to you that this has made any difference - in fact I do believe I am actually worse. I cannot put my head back at all or roll it to try and stretch without a lot of pain.

Please though, hear your doctor out! I am not sure what your issues are and it may just be the ticket to pain relief for you. What may work for one of us, may not work for the other and vica versa....

Where would you be getting the botox injections, which muscles? Though it wasn't the best experience, I am glad I try it (not the actual injections - the afterwards). Sometimes, it helps to narrow down what works and what does not work.

Let me know what exactly is going on for you and if you have any questions - pm anytime.
  • Sorry to hear you are feeling worse. Hope you find some relief soon!
  • just thought i'd update you - doc is confinced that my problems are some really messed up muscles. he is not surprised that the botox only made me worse, but it needed to be tried.

I am getting started up on the 4th round of pt (3 x weekly for 4 weeks) - but he was very specific of 2 things - I need to make certain they understand what i do for a living and that before my treatment begins, he wishes to speak directly to the pt person.

he altered my muscle med - and i hear good things regarding this type of med - so it is time to give this a go and maybe this will help to improve my condition

I feel some hope and will do all I can to make this combination of treatment be as productive as it can.

how are you doing? Update when you can