Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

update on my frozen shoulder

leocat46lleocat46 Posts: 125
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:28 AM in Chronic Pain
hello i just thought i would let you know that i had my MUA last tues. it seems to have helped , i think it could have been a little bit of everything. he shot me me up with plenty of demerol, while i was in there, plus gave me a cortizone shot while i was under. gave me script for perc's . and i started physical therapy the next day. p.t. is very hard, especially when she stretches me, i cry in pain so bad, the scar tissue is still in there, and i know i have to keep it moving, but it is like torcher! i cannot believe one person has to tolerate this. i even take my meds before i go, but it does not help. my shoulder is still swollen, and the RSD is there. i am moving my arm up more than i was, but i am wondering how long will it last? or is the cortizone shots just a quick fix, the back of my neck still feels like there is something in there all puffy and effects my ROM.like i said though , there has been improvement, time will tell i guess. i know there are alot of you who has to tolerate alot of pain also, and i do not wish this on anyone. thanks for listening LEo :T

• I'm glad that you posted-and that your ROM is somewhat better.I'm NOT glad that you are in pain of course,but always happy to read your updates.

Geez-Are you sure that the pt should be so fierce that it brings you to tears? I understand the whole-no pain no gain theory-but I'm just not sure about this.My OS told me not to push my shoulder beyond the limits to where I was uncomfortable.Sure,it might take longer to get my ROM,but at least I'm not suffering.Who knows though,maybe he's wrong..lol.

I actually went canoeing (after some time had passed of course) with my bad shoulder.It's been quite awhile and I still don't have the ROM that I should have,but I manage pretty good with everyday life things...well,I've learned really good improvising skills.Washing my back is still hard-I use strange methods in the shower.

Anyway-I just wanted you to know that I always read your posts and I hope the best for you.You ARE on your way to recovery with the shoulder,but it's a long,slow,painful process.The worst MAY be behind you..I hope!
  • Hey, we should start a shoulder support group :?
    I have had more problems with my shoulder than I ever dreamed where possible! Sorry to hear you are having so much pain with PT. I have a friend who has a frozen shoulder and hers is just starting to loosen now. I think hers has been frozen for about a year. Her doctor as told her to do as much as she can and time will pass, but her shoulder will eventually loosen back up and start working again! I was intriqued and read up on frozen shoulder and was astounded to rear about it. I did not know such a think existed! I have had 4 surgeries in and around my shoulder in the last 2.5 years ending with a cap on the humerous.
    Of course the shoulder was the least of my injuries, or so I thought the days following the accident!
    Since I do not know your full story I can't be much help.I just wanted to say you are not alone in the painfull shoulder thing and I hope you are feeling better soon!
  • Glad to hear, things are maybe turning around for you Leocat!
    I know what you mean about the tears and pain in PT. Just keep working that darn arm. I understand it can freeze up again, after MUA. My PT said if he is not aggressive enough, it doesn't help, too aggressive can cause more problems. So hopefully your PT has lots of experience with frozen shoulder and keeps getting your shoulder better.
    I see my OS tomorrow and will get the BS talk of why my shoulder is not better, duh! it takes time doc! Will let you know what I find out. I don't know if I want MUA or not. Keep us updated on your shoulder too...
  • to hear you are in so much pain. I'm just beginning to feel better after a three-level lumbar fusion in November and I was just in the urgent care yesterday to get a cortisone shot because I could not move my left arm! OW!! I passed out from the cortisone shot, woke up in a pool of cold sweat. It's much better now. If you can, get one of those pulleys you put over your door and work at it slllloooowwwwwly on your own. When I tore my rotator cuff (other side) years ago, it was what helped me most. Physical therapy was torturous. I hope you feel better soon.

3 level spinal fusion, L3/4, L4/5, L5/S1, November 2008. Stiff, but I can walk.
  • it is nice to hear from you all. i do think we should start a shoulder support group, there are so many of us that have shoulder problems due to cervical herniations also. i have also heard that once a person has shoulder surgery, they always have problems with it. we can only hope that our therapists know what they are doing when it comes to recovery. i do believe some are better than others. i am going to be seeing just 2 women alone she said, so they know my history, and know what i am going thru rather than get thrown in with someone else. i think that helps. i go 3 times a week and schedule mine according to their days they work. i attend a brand new center that was built near the hospital just about 2 yrs. ago, it is very convenient.
    JUST ME- let me know how your appt. goes today, i am interested in what they are going to do with your shoulder?
    ROBIN- thanks for the encouragement. and everyone else for sharing. well i have to start getting ready for early appt. this morn. for pt. oh JOY! i hope everyone feels better also always LEO
This discussion has been closed.