Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

bulging cervical disc

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:28 AM in New Member Introductions
;) Hi my name is Wendy; I am a LPN and I have a question that I would like someone to answer for me if there is anyone who can. I have bulging discs at c5 and c6 that are pressing on my spinal cord. Is there a possibility that I could become paralyzed from this? It is causing so much pain that I can hardly function. I was told by someone that I could go a year and be fine or I could step wrong one day and be paralyzed from the neck down. If there is anyone who can answer this I would greatly appreciate it. Sincerely, Grandma

• Wendy1963- Hi I am an LVN/LPN also. I have heard that you can go paralyzed but my opinion is it would be a severe case. If your disc violently explodes with such a force and tears a vital part of your spinal cord like in a bad car accident or fall maybe. I know individuals who have had bulges and herniations for several years and have nerve damage from these bulges and herniations pressing upon the nerve. I have heard of the possibility but never from it actually happening. But then there are some people who just sneeze and mess up their backs.

I really don't know but have you gone to a neruosurgeon or ortho surgeon. If you can hardly function you need to take care of the discs before some kind of permanent damage is done.

I hope you find some relief for your pain.
  • hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. i cannot help you with your problem but i am so sorry you are having such pain... a doctor is the best person to help you with your questions!! :-C please take the time to contact one and get yourself looked after.. there is no need to be in crippling pain anymore!! :''( let us know how you are! :D Jenny :)