Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

ACDF C7-T1 with plate application C6-T1

smpdsniperssmpdsniper Posts: 22
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:28 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Well I am a recently retired 34 year old cop who is having hopefully his last surgery. July 07 ACDF C6-7 with plate. October 07 L4-L5, L5-S1 fusions. Now 2/18 I have an ACDF C7-T1 with plate application C6-T1.

Has anyone else ever had this ACDF after a previous surgery the level above or below. I am curious how I will feel after, voice,pain, etc. I am extremely apprehensive this time for some reason. Any advice. They are removing the old plate and putting in a larger one.

Any info or stories would be helpful.

• Brian , I have not had another surgery yet but I at least wanted to come in and wish you luck and let you know if there is anything that I can do for you then please just let me know. Please keep us posted as you can about how you are doing. All the best to you and yours.....take care....Miki
  • Brian, I'm new. But, think after a previous c3 c7 fusion I may have done some damage along the way. I'm having problems above and below the old fusion. Mostly below, there is a bulge at c7 t1 and disccetion at c2 c3. Any words on this would help. I agrevated it recently with just overstretching. Below having the tingles, numbness, this time in my legs also. Been waiting it seems like forever to get to the nuero, I see them in @ 1 week.

How are you doing? What was done? What were the results since they had to go acros the cervothoradic juncture?
  • Hello, I had my C4-C5-C6 fusion done back in the late 90s. On Dec. 29, 2010 they went in and fused my C3 to C4 with a plate and screws, They also removed the disc and installed a piece of cadaver bone. I am still having a problem swallowing and it feels like there is something stuck in my throat all of the time. I am also having severe pain running down the inside of my right arm down to my fingers "Feels like a bad tooth ache". My incision isn't healing up very fast either and I hear a clicking sound in my neck quite frequently. My next appt. is 2-22-11 next Tuesday. I have a lot of questions to ask my surgeon at that time. I had a sore throat for about a week after my surgery but no problems with my voice. Wish you the best of luck!
  • Thanks Mr Fusion. As you and I know your still early in your healing process. I hope those symptoms will will go away as you heal and recuperate.

They say the surgery is not for pain but to preserve your nerves and functions. I had since the start a lot of discomfort. I'm not having severe pain, but my numbness is in my legs also this time, that concerns me. I think I conpressed at the lower fusion, and a little at the upper. I had an aterior for c4 c5 c6 and a plate put in from c3 - c7. I have atrophy at c7 t1 now with a bulge. I just feel weight into my midsection and upper back, but I drive a lot. Let me know how you do. Best wishes.
  • I also have a herniated disc at C7-T1 with DDD and stenosis as well. Sounds like our necks have a lot in common! I have also had L3-L4-L5-S1 fused in 2006 with Titanium rods and screws. At L2-L3 there is disc bulging with DDD and stenosis as well. Still have problems with Spasms, numbness, tingling, weakness and legs drop out from under me once in a while. If your legs are causing you discomfort, you might ask your Dr. if there is a possibility of having some lower back issues. I have been trying to get on SSDI, Not working out very well for me though!
  • Mr fusion, how's it going