Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Can you believe it!

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:28 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
Hi Guys!

Not been on here for a while,as have had fun and games.

Got an appointment for a neck epidural to discuss the procedure for 8.30am. =D>
Phoned up as thought this was a bit early for an appointment, and to make sure it was not for an admittance. "no i can assure you its only for a chat" said the receptionist.

Arrived at 8.30am, to be given a name tag and addmited on to the ward. :))( The Dr arrived to talk about the procedure to be done that day, " you are here for a lower back epidural"

:O You can imagine my shock when-
1. Lower back epidural and not neck!
2. No notes in my records!
3. Was all prepared to go ahead, even though I new nothing about it.

The Dr was also puzzled and shocked, so he suggested that he spoke to my Pain Managment Dr first. We all waited till 12 0, clock, the the PM waltzes in and says " Got you mixed up with another paitient, at least you have had a cup of tea"

By this time I was in chronic pain(four hrs), and the Dr had suggested trigger point injections to me, so i said" if you are up for it lets go ahead"

My Pm Dr was arrogant and just walked off. By this time I was real annoyed.

Anyway got 15 trigger point injections even though had not a clue what they were.

I cannot beleive the huge mistake that was made, if I had gone ahead with it, who knows what could have happened. Also everyone had lost the morning, and what really made me angry was that another patient somewhere was waiting on this procedure to get done. So they would be waiting, and waiting for pain relief. Never Again!

Am now going to another Pm Dr!

=)) Got to laugh or I could cry! :''(

• Wow.......That is pretty bad......I have also had misdiagnosis with other things.....which is why I will always get second or third opinions from now on......at least they caught the mistake.......but that is pretty scary.....

I have had trigger point injections about 10 years ago in my shoulder.......she would inject xylocain.......not sure if that is what they use these days........

I am pleased you are going to change doctors.......I had to do that 3 times with my GI's......and also my GP.......

Scary stuff.........

• Yip, had lots of hassle at the PM clinic. ~X( ~X(

For example, cancelled appointment not being cancelled and a letter sent to Gp about non attendance. Waiting a whole year for an accupunture appointment. A receptionist shouting at me on the phone, the list goes on, and on.

I had thought that the whole point of the PM clinic was to help get better not more stressed.

Sadly the trigger point injections(15) did nothing for my neck. However have been given Tramadol, slow release capsules at the mo, on top of all my other meds.

All I can hope to get this year is a proper diagnosis, I wish.