Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Newbie Thoracic Pain post MVA

sinatrafan44ssinatrafan44 Posts: 64
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:28 AM in Upper Back Pain, Thoracic
Hi everyone...I'm feeling very scared, depressed and in a lot of pain so I decided to come to a place where there are others. I had a serious side impact MVA in October and was diagnosed with Central cord syndrome c5 c6 and whiplash(Had MRI's CT and x rays).I was in the hospital for 3 days on high levels of methylprednosone..After that I was discharged with oxycodone, naproxen and a beautiful cervical collar that I wore for 8 weeks..I had neck massage therapy and that has greatly helped my range of motion. They began PT in Jan and around the same time maybe before, i began having thoracic pain and symptoms of throbbing and pulsating in my mid back area..I also started having severe pain in my left arm and weakness in my left leg...last Thursday and Friday they did MRIs of both my cervical and thoracic areas, xrays of chest and neck ekg, and blood work,..I am now on 800mg of Gabapentin...I am most worried about the thoracic symptoms, especially since my primary care mentioned aneurysm, cyst as some possible serious post MVA complications of a spinal cord injury...After the tests come back, they will develop a plan...Anyone else out there have anything similar with delayed symptoms from a MVA..THanks and thanks for letting me vent...I am exhausted and working full time with pain is just about killing me...A

• No i haven't been in a mva - just work and life has given me my issue of cervical and thoracic. But i did wish to welcome you and to let you know we feel for your. It is so hard to wait, esp. if in pain, wondering am i hurting myself further and so on.

Once you get with the tests and docs - hopefully the test give the direction in which your care needs to be. the not knowing is the worst.

If you are in communication with your doctor who ordered the mri's - perhaps until you get the results, there maybe specific instructions (heat/ice/rest) or medication that could help ease the pain levels.

Please take care of yourself and keep us updated. the thoracic area is a tough spot to have pain. Keep the faith, and know you are not alone. Hopefully you will be meeting with the doctors to find out your test results.
  • Thanks for the welcome pfm...I will definitely post any updates, when and if I get them:) I always imagine the worst..thanks again..A