Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Just wanted to say hi:)

sinatrafan44ssinatrafan44 Posts: 64
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:28 AM in Upper Back Pain, Thoracic
I just wanted to introduce myself and that I am thankful for such a forum..I gave a brief overview of my "stuff" under thoracic pain so I won't bore you with too many more details. I'm a 44 yr old married woman 2 kids, was in a serious MVA side impact in October..Suffered whiplash and mild central cord syndrome..Initially just had some weakness in my arms and severe neck pain..Was given naproxen and oxycodone and told to have neck massage..My range of motion got better so started PT..New symptoms developed last month , severe left arm pain and weakness, some leg weakness and this wierd throbbing aching thoracic pain in my middle back..Doc put me on gabapentin 900 mg and still on 5/325 oxycodone 4-6 pills/day..Arm pain is better..I feel like a zombie, am exhausted, in pain, depressed but still working full time...The doc had MRIs done of my cervical and thoracic areas last Thursday...They did not do a thoracic MRI at time of injury...I am a bit freaked it could be a post traumatic cyst, or worse an aneurysm which my doc briefly mentioned...So here I am and impatiently waiting my medical results to see what the next plan is...I hate taking narcotics but it is the only thing that gets me through the day..thanks for listening anyone else deling withpost MVA syjmptoms...A

• oops I thought I was posting on the new members site...sorry disregared...A
  • hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. i do not have your pain problems but we do have pain in common. ~X( good luck as you seek pain relief. it is nice to have you here. :D Jenny :)
  • Do you have to keep working? Or do you have short term disability at work? I take lyrica which is similar to gabapentin. I had to stop working taking the lyrica and narcotics. It's scary being in a car accident and then find out there's more stuff going on maybe. I hope they find out soon what's going on.Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • Hi Charry...Unfortunately I've been working all along except for the two weeks after my accident...in hindsight I should have taken a month or so...If things do not improve I may look into some other work strategies...My office has been supportive in that some days I leave early and for all my doctor and PT stuff...I just feel like now I need about two weeks just to rest...Again I will wait for the results..Thanks Charry and Jenny for your welcomes...It so nice not to be alone...Amy
  • Got the results of the cervical MRI..Found out that i have cervical herniation (pinched nerves) in the c-6 c-7.....This directly explains the left arm pain and numbness..The blood work also showed I was anemic; who knows why now, have had some episodes of this beofore..maybe the stress and trauma??? No word yet on the thoracic MRI..Hope that something conclusive comes out that can pinpoint cause and then treatment options...Already set up with Pain mgmt doc in 2 weeks to review everything and look at how best to treat / manage this...I would like to start with 2 weeks of bed rest...Maybe I can get a script for this:)
  • Welcome to Spine Health,
    I can relate to alot of your pain.
    If you ever want to talk you can always P.M.me

I'm glad you found this site.I'm sure you will get some good advice and help

• Well as I said the mri's of my neck showed herniation and pinched nerve at c5-c6...This explains the arm pain and weakness..My thoracic MRI came back normal...Now the question..Can my cervical herniations cause my thoracic pain which is located about 1/4- 1/2 inch to the left of my spine upper mid back...Thoe doc has me scheduled for a contrast CT because he is still a bit concerned about a post trauma thoracic aneurysm..wouldn't that have shown up on the MRI...Or could also the initial central cord syndrome be causing the thoracic pain...I am so frustrated and scared...I just want to get a diagnosis and then treat it either through pt, acupuncture, or whatever...Any help would be appreciated...thanks..Amy