Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

A-Rod's Neck Injury?

MazyMMazy Posts: 272
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:28 AM in Water Cooler
Anybody know what the exact neck injury is that A-Rod sustained in 2003? I did a quick search, but all I can find in a neck injury. (I'm just curious.)--Mazy

• I haven't heard about A Rod's injury, only that he kicked himself for lying on national tv to Katy Couric. By the way, do you know what type of injury OctuMOM suffered at work that she was collecting disability on?
  • I saw the octomom on tv about 2 weekends ago. Apparently, she worked at a mental hospital (seriously. no, stop laughing!) as a nurse and one of the patients had an episode, or fell on her or something and she got hurt.

She told Ann Curry she is no longer receiving disability benefits. She must have been getting STD from work... I remember thinking, "boy, you may have been on disability, but I bet you won't be receiving them after THIS airs!" but, later in the program she said she wasn't receiving benefits any longer.

She then went on to say that they are all living on very LIMITED income. Food Stamps only. But, as the interview progresses, she is receiving disability for several of her kids. LEarning disability, developmental delays, etc. ALSO, there is no doubt some of the octuplets will have learning/developmental delays due to their low birth weight.

Sorry for hijacking.

As for A-Rod, well, that was a disgrace. I cannot believe he played the "I was just being ignorant" card. That is so overplayed. He knew better then. The only reason (in my opinion) he came "clean" must be that someone was going to tell on him.

Oh well - take care friends!

• Mental hospital, huh. Then she was right at home back then and needs to go back there because she's crunchy and nutty.

I do however feel for all those poor kids. It's not their fault their mom is such a flake. I did see the interview today with the "father" of the kids and he seems to be a good guy. He's just one more that has been duped by yours truly. He gave his specimen because Ms. Suleman said she had ovarian cancer. Scandalous! No way can he pay child support, but I have a feeling the state of california may try to go after him now. Should he pay child support? That's the big question. What do you all think?
  • Octomom said she checked all the laws and statutes and found he would not be liable or in anyway able to make decisions on the children's lives.

If he is made to pay child support (and really - think of the ramifications of that - then ALL donators would/could be held liable) then he should have a say in who raises the children. Can't pick and choose sides. Either he is responsible for them, or he's not.

BUT, that's just my opinion. I'm sure a good lawyer could argue that until the cows come home to roost.

A few days after she'd given birth, my msn.com news alert (MSN BREAKING NEWS!) said she was complaining she was not "getting enough" freebies. ? But it was only that once, and I've never seen any follow up to that. Until a few weeks later when everyone was coming down (hard) on her. Really. WHAT was she thinking? Obviously, only her wants/needs and not the other 6 kids at home.

I'm sorry. I don't know enough about her to make opinions, but what I saw with Ann Curry, I didn't like her much. She has "only child" syndrome. That's what we (my brothers and sisters) call it when there is only one child in a family and the parents are able to give them more, so they become accustomed to feeling as though they are entitled... Again, just another opinion - not intented to insult any one here who is an only child...

Oh, I'm going to shut up now... oh, look - isn't my avatar just too cute?
  • I'm surprised the parakeet isn't biting the crap out of your cat. I used to have some, and they were mean little shits. Oh well.
    Yeah, I have to say OctuMOM is outrageous. It looks like the whole family is going to be evicted due to being behind 23,000 on their mortgage. I'm shocked it even got that high, the sheriff would be knocking on the door after 3 months. Now the kids don't have a home to go to, as crowded as it is. I think she is exploiting her children for her own selfish needs. I feel for her kids and the premie babies, I really do. My son was premature and my heart broke when I had to leave him behind in NICU when I was discharged from the hospital. I can't imagine going through that ordeal with 14 babies.

Well, that's what I think of all that. I sure don't mean stir the pot and cause any controversy and am sorry if I do :D
  • What would be really funny, really, really funny.
    =)) :))( 8} :))( =)) Is if the only thing octomom gets to keep is the stretch marks.