Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Please don't say I need more surgery!!!

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671

I had an ACDF last Jan, and since then have experienced worsening pain and numbness from my waist to my toes, esp on my left

The pain starts at the left side of my lower spine, like sciatica, and goes all the way to my foot. My hip has also "gone" a couple of times like it has "popped out of joint" and I have to wait til it comes back - only way I can explain it. I fall over a lot and my balance is non-existant. I am also numb around my saddle area although a scan I had last week shows nothing "serious" (says my NS)

Could this be anything to do with my ACDF?? Everything I do hurts - sitiing standing or lying down. Getting up or out of a chair is a joke, and trying to get out of the car is a nightmare.

Does this make sense to anyone? Has anyone else had the same experience??

Please help as have just about had enough now

• Fi

Some posters are slowly progressive towards invasive surgery and a clearer diagnosis, and you are finding that in itself is not as basic as it sounds, that leap of faith is never easy surmising and evaluating what may happen to you in the future and evidence here is a range of the variable possibilities, you need to find what will work for you and not the collective.

In reality everyone is trying to get better irrespective of what route that may be and the alternative is to do nothing and for many that is not an option for a reasonable quality of life. Some may celebrate a categoric diagnosis and as you say give some credence to the symptoms that they endure every day and nothing is that simplistic, unfortunately.

You need to be confident that the next process is the one for you and with help and support attempt to rectify your specific problem, we can help and support you with the alternative or options but the final choice is up to you and an informed process.

Take care and good luck. John