Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

My whole body hurts worse because of the weather..

hisbeauty4asheshhisbeauty4ashes Posts: 182
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:28 AM in Chronic Pain
Hi everyone,

I have had a total of 12 surgeries. I have had five surgeries over the last fourteen months. The weather is cold here in California and it has been raining allot and I feel pain all over my body and it HURTS! Is anyone experiencing this? Do you hurt worse in cold wet weather. I had over the last fourteen months, one foot surgery, two back surgeries, and two neck surgeries and they hurt real bad.

Anyways thanks for listening.

• I haven't experienced the surgery part of your pain, but i do feel it when the weather changes! Along with the back getting worse, my knee gets it too. I messed up my mcl and meniscus 3 years ago, and.. wow.. does it bother me in the cold. Yes, I am in Texas, but we get cold weather every now and then too!
  • Hi Jeanie,

oh yeah, the cold gets me too! I'm a california girl... living in Ireland, and our weather over here since Christmas has been anywhere from -6 to 6 celsius... COLD and we actually had snow on the ground for over a week... so damp, cold yikes. I took to wearing one of those gloves without fingers?? wore it practically all the time on my "bad" arm - wonder if thats why Jacko took to the glove?? lol

Hope your day is better today!

L4-L5 fusion 1998; ACDF C4-6 2008; DDD
  • Of a sunny beach, that I can burrow my back into and lay on till the end of time...
  • You're not crazy. I had a three level fusion one year ago Feb. 8th (plif) and I know what the weather is going to do before the News weather people do, and I'm ALWAYS right. I can predict the weather 1-2 days before it comes. It's become quite funny, cause all my friends call me now for a weather report.

It's very achey when the barometer drops, sometimes putting me on the couch for a couple of days. It's completely normal..
  • I too have bad days when the weather changes. This includes cold days or especially rainy days. You get to a point you can forcast the weather by the aches and pain. Sorry for your problems. Hay, I live in N.E. Alabama.
  • I agree whole heartedly..I can feel it each time a storm front of snow is coming in. Just terrible. Things just seem to esculate for me regarding pain level when the weather gets colder or when a cold front is arriving. Sorry you are having problems.
This discussion has been closed.