Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

I am new here glad Im not alone

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:28 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
I am S/P 3rd microdiscectomy/laminectomy L5S1 first one done in 99, 2nd done nov.08 third one done on Jan 27th 09
So here I am on the 3rd week after the 3rd surgery. My docotor wants me to swim and walk. Its funny because after my 1st surgery in 99 I had no restrictions after the 3rd week I went jet skiing and canoeing and went right to work. That surgery lasted a good almost 10 years. Of course I was almost 10 years younger too.
I still have some pain and am praying like I never have before that its residual. Glad I found this site It feels better knowing I am not alone

• Glad you found this site, its been of great help to me, and so many others. We are all here for support and encouragment, to share experiences etc. I hope that your pain subsides and is only residual. Keep us posted on how your doing :)
  • No, you are not alone here and there are even other EMS workers online. EMSguy has had a fusion, but has abeen around spine health forever. There are several medics(besides us non-medics) here. Welcome.
  • Thanks for the welcome and it is really good to know I am not alone. I don't work in the field anymore I work in the entertainment industry as a set medic. I was fine after the first surgery working in the field. then 2 surgeries in 3 months. it reherniated at week 4 S/P 2nd surgery. And it was worse than the previous, the pain was unbelievable.
    I am off pain meds just taking advil and still iciing for swelling. And alot of prayer.