Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

What do you really appreciate

dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,842
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:28 AM in Maintenance
I started a thread on 'What do you really miss' Its heartwarming to read the different posts from members. Collectively so many things have been 'taken' away from us and it does hurt.
But lets look at the flip side of that coin......

We know where we are, we know what we are dealing with,
so What are some of the things you really appreciate?
Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com

• I absolutely love my sense of smell....

I love fresh flowers, th stronger perfumed the better. This makes me KNOW i am truely alive.

• The sense of smell is one of my favorites, too! I love the smell of flowers, and anything that happens to be cooking or baking in the oven - especially bread!

I appreciate this website, and the many many friends I've found here. You know - kindred spirits and all that.

I appreciate my parents for all they have done for me as I was growing up.

I appreciate my family for sticking by me (through thick and thin, better or worse, etc)

I appreciate the fact I am among the employed people of this great nation.

I appreciate the fact I have bills to worry about.

I appreciate the fact I wake up each morning.

I appreciate sunrises and sunsets. The colors! I guess in addition to my sense of smell, I appreciate my sense of sight...

Good one, Ron! It's always good to take a step back and realize there is so much that is wrong these days, but more positives... Or something like that.

• Thank you dilauro for starting this thread. It helps to remember the good things after listing all the things we miss. I appreciate... my loving husband that has been there for me every step of the way, my compassionate children who have done all the dusting and vacuuming for years, my son who pushes the grocery cart for me, my good friends that have stuck by me, that I am not in a wheelchair, that I can walk without a cane, my surgeons who made it possible, that I still have a smile on my face and God by my side, that adaptable tools make gardening possible, that my hands are functional, for my spiney friend I met on this site (she only lives 1 hr 30 min from me). And I appreciate everyone who has held a door for me or slowed thier pace to walk by my side. I have much to be thankful for, this website is one of them.
    Keep Hope,
    Faith M
  • Our attitude toward life determines life's attitude towards us. (Earl Nightingale)

I am appreciative of the fact that I can influence my own attitude towards life!

• Love that quote!! I agree!!

I believe that "what we focus on, expands". So the more we focus on the good things, the things we appreciate and love, the more of that we have.

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,842
    So basic, yet so important..
    I like your list
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • Hello Cherish22...my name is Nichole and I am 39 years old. I have underwent 2 spinal fusions in less than 13 months. One was the TLIF L4-5 and L5-S1 in Jan 08. Had revision surgery, ALIF, this past Feb 23rd. Saw my neurosurgeon last week in postop and still am having so much pain in my lower back and legs. He has encouraged me to strongly consider the SCS after 6 more weeks of recovery. I was curious if you found that the stimulator does help with the pain relief, what it feels like and do you think it's worth the expense and the mental process of having to go through more procedures. Just wanted to get your input as I am considering this versus just having the nerves burned so that I don't feel the pain anymore. Thank you so much for any insight you can provide me.
  • My wonderful husband...
    My extended family & friends...
    MUSIC-AND the fact that I can play my guitar while in bed:~)
    My dogs who are always there for a hug or just to lay w/ me (Honeybear, Jellybean, Candygirl, & Peanut) And lets not forget the cats-(Ranger-due to have a litter in 3 days, and Scooter-who makes sure that I am never alone)
  • I appreciate my husband, who puts up with a lot (even when I'm not "broken").

My cats, all 7 of them, who give me unconditional love and are always ready to take a nap with me.

The friends who have stuck by me and still care enough to ask how I'm feeling even when they know my answer will be bad.

The fact that even though I can't work right now, I still have a job (with a very understanding boss and coworkers) waiting for me.

This website, these forums, the wonderful people here who have given me so much support even though they've never met me. (Thank you)