Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:28 AM in New Member Introductions
Hey everyone! I am new here and wanted to take a minute to say hi! I have been reading many of the posts here, and decided I needed to be involved. I am having ACDF c5-c6 on Friday 2-20-09. Not really nervous, just ready for some relief. Have been doing PT for few months which has relieved much of the pain. I still have discomfort, weakness, and numbness in left arm and hand. I have a positive out look, and feel confident my NS will get me fixed up. :)

• And welcome to Spine-Health. There are great people here that can offer support, encouragement and info.

I, too am a "neckie", as you can see by my signature. I'm glad you're not too nervous because many times the anticipation can be worse than the surgery itself. That left arm stuff can get pretty bad - I almost lost complete use of mine before my surgery but it's so much better now.

I'm hoping you find relief and I look forward to hearing your success story.

• hi and welcome to the forum! =; we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. be sure and take a look at the "Back and Neck surgery" forum for some more input.. :D good luck and keep us informed when you can. =D> Jenny :)
  • With a great attitude like that, I am sure that you will do just fine. Good luck to you and please keep us posted.
  • Getting ready to leave. Going to stay with family overnight so I will not have a long drive ( 2 hrs ) early in the morning. :( Surgery scheduled for 7:30 be there at 6. Will keep everyone posted on my recovery. Please keep me in your prayers O:)