Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Physical Therapy..What did they start you with post op?

TatiyanaTTatiyana Posts: 194
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:28 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
I started PT yesterday & he is only having me start with ultra sound therapy & pelvic tilts, as I mentioned in another thread, I was really sore by the afternoon (mainly my back muscles) :''(

My question is this..what excersise did they start you out with & were you really sore afterwards?

I feel like such a pansy, I used to do pelvic tilts daily before surgery..How can I be this out of shape in only 8 weeks!!??!! L)

• I started PT three weeks post op after a PLIF of my L4 to S1. At first they started out with stretches for my legs and a few core things like sitting on an excersise ball, they they would break up scar tissue during a massage and ice me down. I never really felt sore until recently because my bend lift and twist restrictions have been lifted. My quads are always very sore and ab muscles get sore from training my body to rely more on my legs and to strengthen that core up. I felt the same way when my muscles hurt "am I really this out of shape" as my legs quivered only lifting 15 pounds hehe. But in all reality I am using muscles that I wasnt using before and for the back muscles can atrophy post surgery I know mine have.
    The pain now is nothing more to me than just the burn of a good work out. I hope you find PT to be helpful as they ease you into new excersises. It has helped me tremendously. I look back at my first session and was only able to do five pelvic tilts, and now I can do thirty of them three times with no problem. Keep us updated. :)
  • Leg squats, big ball dry humping as I call it, leg lifts, cross each leg and push down, weights were on my legs, stair bike. That was day 1, tomorrow is day 2.
  • =)) :))( =)) :))( =))

Big ball dry humping....
    thats stinkin hilarious!!!!!!!
  • The therapist kept trying to explain to me what to do, so I finally said you want me to dry hump the ball and he said yes :D
  • I hope I don't get that excersise, I won't be able to get that phrase out of my head now!! :))(

• Today I had day 1 and they just gave me some heat and massage and some very minor leg stuff. That's it...an dI'm sore as heck!!..lol