Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

How did I get CSS?

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,670
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:28 AM in Spinal Stenosis
I was a 36 yr old healthy female,until I got CSS.I am now almost 38 & I have suffered extreame pain,depression.I & am having severe pain in my lower back. I experiance pain in my lt shoulder, with pain in forearm & it's causing weakness.I have pain in both my legs now that start from the butocks raidiating down the side of my leg and into my calf.I sit on the couch or lay down and my legs become numb with pain with pain at the top of my foot.I am afraid to get up on my feet,when I do I cant barely step on my feet. I feel like Im an old woman,"nothing against old women, I love them".

My life has changed alot,from being active,happy and healthy to this!Ughh

I haven't gotten all my answers and I believe I am entitled for my Doc to tell me why this happend to me. I believe it started when I was working as a Nursing Assistant,but one Dr said that my emplyer wouldn't take responsibilty for my injury. I also was told by this same Dr to apply for DSS and that I would have chronic pain the rest of my life.I couldn't file a injury report at work because,it didn't happen in one instant.It gradually came on and he also told me it would be hard to prove my injury is work related. Im still pissed about that!

If you feel you need to repond please do,I'll read any sugestions or listen to your situation. Mine sucks and I have lost myself!

• RangerRRanger on da rangePosts: 805
    I assume we are talking about spinal stenosis here? I got mine as a result of Osteoarthritis attacking my body including my spine. Don't wait when you are having any tingling/ numbness. I waited a little too long for my c-spine issue
    and now I have permanent nerve damage. My numbness in my thigh is gone
    though after my laminectomy of L4 thru L6. I started to have OA symptoms in my 20's, for me it's genetic. In my late 40's my neurosurgeon told me I have a spine of an 80 year old man. That hurt! For the most part I'm very lucky and
    doing ok for what could have been paralysis if I didn't have the surgery. I know I won't be the same as I once was but I'll do the best I can for what I have. Let me know if I can answer any of your questions here or PM me.
    Take care and best of luck to you.
  • HI Dar71,
    First of all, welcome to the board. I have severe central stenosis at the L4/L5 level. Mine is also caused from osteoarthritis and partly from age. I just turned 60 and my symptoms have been coming on for several years. I did not know what the problem was for the first 4 or 5 years and then my Primary Care Doctor sent me for an MRI last April when I told him I had pain that ran down my leg.

I am having a Laminectomy March 5th to hopefully take care of my problem. Just be sure you consult a orthro or neuro doctor that specializes in spines. If you have any questions I will also try to help you.