Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

lower back pain

claudiacclaudia Posts: 167
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:28 AM in Lower Back Pain
Good morning. all, or should i say good evening, well i slept a total of 5 freaken hours
, this time my cat Sadie woke me up crying for food, now i started my pot of coffee and cannot go back to sleep!!
Well now i am a lil over 5 weeks post opt i guess u can say feeling better just going crazy in this house , I know i have to learn patience it is sooo hard when the day before my surgery i was walking on the treadmill!!

I miss the gym and the people there all i do is walk anyway have not done weights in over 2 years,
Today i have an appointment with my Surgeon and hoping everything is cool i wanna start PT ASAP. gotta ask doc have so many Questions for him. like can i take vitamins can i get in the pool? can i drive more than short distances ?Yesterday i had a flat tire so i went to get fixed they must of thought i was nutso cuz i walked around that place like 26 min kudos to me....

I try to walk as much as i can.
My b iggest concern is my legs actully calfs thighs, where i have the most muscle pain is that going to go away or what? i stopped taking neurton and am taking soma helps more with the muscle pain and tramodaol and 1 vicoden twice a day soma i take 3 times a day!!

and at nite i take a valium!this is so different from the first surgery in a positive way in 2006 i sat in a chair for 2 months could not sleep in any bed or couch
now i sleep on my bed on my side or stomach,, wowie,,, feeling good i know for a fact they removed all the scar tissue!! my pain management/anasteolagist was in surgery with me the whole i call him to fent!! they busted me a few times at the gift shop well iwas thirsty my doc freaked out and said my wife had fusion and coldnt walk for 4 day and look at you well i gotta do what i gotta do because these lazy---- wont walk me but ewhrn i came home and the swelling went down the pain n my legs kicked in i know i had an L-4 L_5 S-1 revision L-2 L_3 so i guesss i have o practice patience hard 4 me!! so far so good except for this freaken muscle pain above my knees i hope you all can give me good advice i hate this muscle pain thanks for listening needed to vent!!!

• RangerRRanger on da rangePosts: 805
    With all due respect girl, you need to kick it back a notch. Like you, I am very active and don't like to sit still. But we need to take a step back and take a look at our self once in a while. Patience and rest is a key to our healing. We also can't get behind in our pain management and take our meds as prescribed. Last and not least even though we feel good and have a lot of energy we must not overdo it as our meds sometimes mask our pain all too well. It sounds like you are doing well and have a great attitude.
    Take care and be safe.
  • Hi Everyone, As I am new to spine health I'd like to know if anyone else has had this experience. Each moring I wake up with a burning sensation in my back and groin as if someone has set me on fire. I sweat profusely and it will not stop till I get up out of bed and move around. I have this burning/tingling/pain sensation for four months and it has kepot me out of work. Cymbalta, Lyrica not helping. Two neurologists later I am at a loss. I have some minor things on my MRI but nothing that should cause this.
  • I get fire and burning in my T spine area. For me I had endplate fractures of T3, T4, T5 and a piece of C7 fractured off. I am guessing that my burning is due to stretching nerves that are not supposed to be stretched! I crashed a mountainbike and basically bent my head and upper back backwards towards my hind end. It caused the front areas of the T3-T5 to fracture or split and pull apart. The nuero surgeon said it was a good thing! If the bones don't fracture like mine did the tendons pull off! When that happens they have to do a Fusion! I call my burning a campfire in my back. Sometimes it is not too bad, other times it really feels like you could light a match on it! My mri's also do not show anything significant. I suspect the nerves are just yanked or stretched enough that they are damaged, not enough to show on any test. :(
    PM me or start a new subject line, we don't want Claudia coming after us for thread theft ! :SS
This discussion has been closed.