Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Looking for girl who had 3 level fusion 1 year ago....

lynnsyllynnsy Posts: 197
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:28 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
I use to be on Spine-Health constantly at the beginning of my surgery. I am looking for a girl who had the same 3 level surgery I had, PLIF. Just can't remember your name!!! I'm dying to know how your doing on this one year anniversary. My 3 level was performed 2/8/08, "where are U?" I'm dying to see how you're doing, and we could compare notes? Lynnsy

• Well, I'm not the girl you are looking for. But I had a 3 level fusion 6 months ago, PLIF for L5-S1 and postlateral gutter fusion on L3-L5. I'd like to hear how yours is going.
    My surgery was successful in that the radiculopathy down the back of my rt leg is gone. But it seems like I've gone from the frying pan to the fire. I had adult degenerative scoliosis, and the fusion didn't address that. My surgeon stopped at 3 levels because he said my L2-3 was the best disc in my whole back and he hoped that it would hold tight, stopping any cascading degeneration. But I've got intermittent anterior thigh pain now (dermatone for L2-3) that comes with any increase in activity. One of my 2nd opinions had predicted that, and suggested an entire Lumbar fusion, but that seemed so drastic, I opted for the more conservative surgery. My spine surgeon is considered the best in the area, and I knew we were playing the odds. But now I'm afraid the L2-3 is starting to degrade and I don't know what that will mean for the future.
  • Hey Lynnsy,

I remember you from the old forum. I don't know if I am the girl you are looking for (at 72, do I qualify?) but I had a three-level (L3-S1) posterior lumbar fusion May 1, 2008. I am doing quite well. I guess I am fortunate because I felt fine from the beginning. Apart from a flare-up of lung infection (chronic) after surgery I have been doing very well. Sometimes I wonder if because of lack of pain I have been doing more than I was supposed to do. Only time will tell. I just came back from my first vacation since the surgery, I spent a week in Kauai island, I traveled alone and although it was not easy, it was doable. My hardware did not even set off any of the alarms.

I would like to hear how are you doing, please tell us.

Best wishes,

• I suggest you read about Psychology of love

Post edited to remove URL, Solicitation is not permitted on Spine-Health

Ron DiLauro, Spine-Health Administrator 03/05/09