Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sunny1966ssunny1966 VIRGINIAPosts: 1,385
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:28 AM in Lower Back Pain
I've posted before about this problem but now I'm gonna ask it in a different way. I have a lot of cervical issues as shown in my signature line. Right now, my lower back is killing me. Is there anyway that what's wrong with my neck is causing this? Sounds crazy I know but I never had this problem until I had a myelogram for my neck. It started the instant the dye was injected. It just aches/throbs when I sit especially. Movement doesn't make it worse. This has really got me puzzled. I'm in misery here. Please give me some hints/help if you can. Thank you

• RangerRRanger on da rangePosts: 805
    Ever have an MRI of your lower spine? I had lumbar issues first then came the cervical problems and lots of surgery. Mine is all due to severe OA (osteoarthritis) throughout my spine. You may want to investigate that also.
    Take care,
  • sunny1966ssunny1966 VIRGINIAPosts: 1,385
    I haven't ever had an MRI of lower spine. I'm beginning to think maybe you're right. I will look into it if it doesn't improve. And soon. This is torture! I hate to keep adding to the dr. bills you know?? Even with insurance, my part is hard to come by. I think my husband gets aggravated at me. Maybe it's just me. Thanks Ranger. I hope you're having a good day.
  • If your cervical MRI showed bone spurs in neck, chances are good that you also have them in lower back. It is also possible that back problems can come from neck, as the nerves run the length of your body, and can be affected below whatever level of the neck problem. But I would get another MRI of lumbar if possible. I know it's expensive. Husbands don't always understand how bad it hurts. They are more understanding, at least in my experience if A-they have been thru something similiar, and B-if it's broken or bleeding. Not all men for sure, my second husband was qan Angel, but my first????? Nightmare time. Good luck....just a thought...if the needle injecting the due hit a nerve, could be cause of part of the pain. Ask your doc
  • sunny1966ssunny1966 VIRGINIAPosts: 1,385
    Thanks. I think I'll try to see someone tomorrow. I can't deal with this. The only way to find out is to have the MRI I guess. More bills....ah well.
    How are you doing? Do you have your pain under control?
This discussion has been closed.