Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

William GarzaWilliam Garza TexasPosts: 2,365
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:28 AM in Matters of the Heart
A cat found me.
Poor little mite has undergone systemic, prolonged and severe abuse.
I didnt realize how bad the little critter was till I picked it up,and felt every bone in its body. It doesnt react to touch the way any normal kitty does, it doesnt react at all. I went to a local vet...full of emotion, who would do sucha a thing to a helpless creature? and why?
Ime a grown man of fourty, ive buried relatives, Ime older than my brother would have been if he had lived,
there is so much I dont understand, I dont want to understand.
human cruelty
inhumane treatment of each other and of the world around them.
I have tryed all I can do, I sit here with the dying little kitty trying unsuccessfully to purr,
deathwatch isnt an unknown word to me and mine, but i want this little cat to live.
its not up to me though..
thanks for the time and the read.
sorry for being so sentimental
William Garza
Spine-Health Mod

Welcome to Spine-Health

• RangerRRanger on da rangePosts: 805
    Your a good man Ranchhand, I share your emotion. Those poor little innocent victims of abuse do not deserve what is dealt them. Stay strong my friend and stay by that kitty's side as it probably is feeling the only love it has ever known.
    Take care,
  • Ranchhand,

You are such a great and caring person to take that poor little kitty in. My heart breaks for it. I've rescued two cats and they are an important part of our lives for 7 years now. I can't imagine either why someone would do something so cruel.

We had a cat rescued in our area. It was a kitten and some guy found it in the woods with an arrow in it's head. He took it to the local animal shelter and they operated on the cat. The arrow went into it's head and into it's eye so it lost an eye. They named the kitten arrow. The cat made it through surgery but died days later. I went to the animal shelter to visit it and donate money for it's care and found out it had passed away.

My prayers are with you and that poor little kitty.
  • That's very sad. We just found a cat who lived in a crackhouse so the boy across the street said and possibly given the drug. He gets crazy at times and we wonder if it's true. The people moved and didn't take the cat. He had a collar with stud written on the collar and a beaded necklace. I cut the collars off and we got him a flea collar. It seems he's ours now. But he keeps looking toward the house where he used to live waiting. He's very affectionate besides the scratching sometimes. He's ours now. Sorry about the little kitty. Can you syringe or drop water in his mouth? Sorry to hear about your brother. Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • but you're a good, caring and thoughtful man, Ranchhand.
  • Hi Ranchhand,

Thank you for being there for the little kitty, for caring for it and doing your best for it. As its already been said you have shown it more love than it has probably ever known.

I cannot stand any abuse be it to humans or animals. My nephew 7 years ago was on the internet, he was about 12yrs old at the time. He came into the kichen and told us about a sight he had seen online, on a boot kicking a cat. My sister emailed the guy on the website and he said if she was so bothered by it, she could come collect the cat and have it, but if she wasnt there by the alloted time the cat would be drowned. Needless to say she got there by the agreed time. The cat was in a dreaful state, hated humans, which was understandable, but after time she has turned into the most adorable cat. She is very much part of the family and one of our favourite memories (she is still with us but I dont live there) is her sitting at the end of the ironing board - she has to be near you all the time. She loves those who love her, and she knows who they are.

Ranchhand the world needs more caring people like you. Thank you for caring. Sending you a big cyber hug on the behalf of the little kitty.

You're the best
    Danni xxxx
  • thank you guys for caring, I appreciate the returns.
    Kitty went to the vet with me this morning. I came home alone. Poor little guy tried, you could see he was trying, for me, he just lay there last night, but as soon as he nkew i was there he would mouth the meow and try to climb into my lap. so we just sat together and I petted his matted fur, he stopped eating,but drank his milk, I tryed the special kitten food and chow, but he was beyond this too, so we sat.
    this morning at one then three, i went into the garage, he lay where we had sat, all he wanted it seems, was the reasurance i was still there.
    this morning at ten I went to see him stretched out, I called my brother and told him to take me to the vet.
    we put kitty to sleep at 10:30 it was a peaceful passing, and i called him by his name, Invictus...unbeaten, as he passed to a far better place.
    I prayed that Mary would take him to her breast and bring love, I prayed for its peace.
    some human garbage is sorely pushing my perception of everyone having worth.
    this is why i dont get close to anything,
    I feel a soreness in my soul where the hope used to live.
    this isnt my first rescue and it isnt my last,I'm no animist, attaching human attributes to animals or forces of nature, ime just sad that this little guy was beyond help, and the guilt of having him put to sleep..I feel...
    i dont feel, and i dont think i will for a while.

a line from the movie gladiator came to mind, as we sat and waited those final hours together
    death smiles at us all, all we can do is smile back.
    little kitty is in wherever cat heaven there may be,
    while i carry the burden of failure.
    where does the anger go?
    where does the sadness go?
    sorry for taking up time
    thanks for the read and hug your loved one and pets
    William Garza
    Spine-Health Mod

Welcome to Spine-Health

• RangerRRanger on da rangePosts: 805

My thoughts are with you my friend, I share your sadness, and I am a loss of
    words that may bring you comfort.
    You, and all of us know you did your best and did what is right.

• Thanks for carrying me when i couldnt. I am stronger for your caring! Be blessed and comforted in your days!
    William Garza
    Spine-Health Mod

Welcome to Spine-Health