Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Two days post-op c5-c6 acdf

brianalan01bbrianalan01 Posts: 12
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:28 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Just wanted to take a few to let you guys know how my surgery went.

I was at the hospital 2/19/08 at about 445am...checked in with registration....and by 530 I was getting prepped.

Surgery started at 706am and ended at 902am. By 1030 am I was awake....very groggy....but awake and got up and went to bathroom with the help of the nurse.

By that afternoon I knew the surgery had worked....all my arm pain, burning, numbness were gone...doctor came in to see me and I gave him a nice strong hand shake. Told me that the level they fixed was about to colapse.

Anyway, spent the night at the hospital....ended up coming home yesterday. I am walking around and feeling pretty good.

Feel like I have a lump in my throat...swallowing issues....but they are geting better.

Surgery was done at EDITED. Would recc. this to anyone needing care in ohio

Dr. EDITED The ortho and the neuro docs were great....really take their time and care.

I am up on the computer and doing good so far....if anyone has an questions or are nervous about this surgery let me know.

This was my first surgery and I am 26 yrs old

Doctors name and contact details removed by forum Moderator (paulgla). We do not permit publishing specific doctor's or institution names and contact details.