Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Question for the ladies

WickedPainWWickedPain Posts: 26
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:28 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
I have always had neck/upper back pain and muscle spasms my whole life and always blamed my breast (34DD) but never mentioned it because I thought it was not possible. Now I am not so sure, I am reconsidering because I been doing really well after my ADR but I have been bra-less for almost 2 weeks. I have noticed now that every time I try to wear a bra, or tight tank top, sports bra, anything that might have to support them. My back starts spazing like crazy right away but calms down as soon as I remove it. Has anyone had a similar experience or did I finally lose it? LOL

I have to see the neurosurgeon in 2 weeks should I mention my hypothesis?
I am have a small build so I have always wanted a breast reduction, do you think it would help?

Thanks,
Karen
advertisement

Comments

• Karen,

Although I don't have your problem (between B and C), I am have known people who had breast reduction due to sever back pain, so it is a real possibility. It is definitely not a frivolous question, so by all means ask your doctor. Maybe he could recommend some special bras for you.

Hope it works out,

Kin
  • I have the exact same problem. I have to wear a bra while at work, but off it comes as soon as I get home. I am 42C, but big around back due to working on farm and building up upper body. I attributed the pain and spasms to many things.
    The only bras I have found, and I've gone thru lots, are called Barley There. I buy them on-line. They are a camisole top. I also buy them a size larger then measurments. Just Google them and look. I know how painful and aggravating this condition is. If you look below at my signature line, you will see the conditions I deal with. I blamed the fibro for years. Good luck, and hope you find some relief.

Maggie
  • I just had my 3 level ACDF and I am also a DD and have considered Breast Reduction before but chickened out. The Dr told me my insurance would even pay.

When I go back to the Ortho surgeon for my 6 week check up I am going to ask if he thinks this will prevent me from have more problems down the road. If he says yes I am going to seriously consider having it done.

And for all you men out there as the Dr told my Boyfriend try strapping on 2 bricks and walking around all day not fun and definitely not good for the back!!
  • Thanks for the replies…. I discussed it with my husband and I will talk to my Dr next week (I have an appt) The only concern we have is that we have not started our family yet and were planning to start sometime this year. I really want to be able to breast feed and I don’t know if you can after a reduction. Also I might just go back to my original size or bigger :jawdrop: So I guess it would be best to wait to have a reduction

Maggie I looked on the site is it the full tank bra? I actually have a yoga tank that is the only thing I been able to wear. So I will try it :-)))
  • Yes it is the full tank bra. The website I found it on is FreshPair. In subcatagories of camisoles. Good luck. I know how uncomfortable, no, downright painful, this can be. :D

Maggie
  • Thank you for the website... I am ordering some now :)
  • WickedPain, I have the same problem. If I ever feel normal again from the ACDF surgery I'm seriously considering having a reduction. I'm way past my childbearing years and I have put it off long enough. I had two doctors suggest the surgery about 15 or 20 years ago. They both said I would have problems later in life and boy, were they right!

You might also want to go to a specialty bra store (not a department store) to get fitted in a bra that takes the pressure off your shoulders. I was doing what a lot of women do...wearing the wrong size. I was wearing a 38DD and my neck and shoulders hurt all the time. When I was fitted I found out I should be wearing a 34DDD. All the support should come from under the breast, not the shoulders. Of course for the first week or so wearing the new bras I felt like I couldn't breathe, lol! The bras I wear are expensive ($65 - $75 each) but they are well worth it! I'm also small in stature - 4'11'' and needed all the help I could get!

I think you are wise in putting off reduction surgery until you have completed your family. Breast feeding can make them smaller or larger - you just never know which one! My sister-in-law's shrunk but unfortunately mine did just the opposite!

Just an FYI...Over the years I had three co-workers that had reductions and they were and still are thrilled with the results!
  • I also had the DD's and one of the best things I've ever done for myself is to get a reduction/breast lift. They are back where they belong and the weight is gone! Good luck!
advertisement