Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Dont know what now?

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:28 AM in Lower Back Pain
Yet another problem

I have had three failed operatons, resulting now in so much nerve damage Im almost wheelchair ridden, but have yet another problem - Like I need another!!

Im having pains from my shoulders down, my fingers especially, can hardly clench them anymore. Ive had weird feeling of there should be huge bruises on different parts of my arms, but no bruises, just pain, and "pins and needles" feelings in patches for some considerable time.
Main pain is in my fingers and knuckles, they feel so badly swollen yet my rings sre ok, still the same size, just feel swollen. Am having spasm midway down my back too, just doesnt hurt that bad, funny how your pain tolerance grows huh?

Im not sure whats going on, so any input would be appreciated, dont know if its because of the fusions, nerves, failed op's? Im clueless.

We in the UK have huge waiting lists to see a neurosurgeon, and my GP is sending my back to see him as he thinks its coming from a disc at the very top of my neck as I have had problems there recently. Then the dreaded MRI..

Any ideas?
Its getting to the stage where I cant ardly wait to see what delights hold in store again for me.

Many thanks

xx Husky xx

• So sorry about the additional/new pain. I have permanent S1 nerve damage so understand that as well. The SCS (spinal cord stimulator) is changing my life - giving me a life back. I've had it almost 7 weeks and I do more and more each day. Are you a candidate for that?

It blocks the pain signals from my nerves and doesn't let them reach my brain. I buzz/tingle instead of feeling pain. Have a remote control to adjust the pulse generator implanted in my hip. The leads in my thoracic (mid-back) send out mild pulses that my brain perceives as buzzing. It has been a God send in my life.

I hope you don't have anything seriously wrong with your shoulders/arms/cervical spine. Keep us posted,

• Thank you so much for the advice, I'll ask "thee man" when I see him, It will take diagnosing before anything else probably but meantimes Im trying to keep as much movement as I can, hurts like hell but I learned the last time not to give up or else it tends not to move again... Am I doing the right thing here? GP's tend not to know nada about anything along those lines but I do have an excellent pyshio who agress with me.

Mentally - I believe in mind over matter as much as possibel and relaxation and breathing is giving me the most comfort but not taking anything away, just calming I think,

I have enough medication to keep the whole of the UK going but noting works. Its just infuriating to think that yet another stroke of brilliant luck has bestowed me again.

God luck with your new program, Ive seen similar transmittors before but they had to be replaced? If it is the same machine, looked like a samll tens?
    Take Care and thanks once again.

• Well thats the resukts of the MRI but dont know anything about it, Im now on the waiting list to see my neurosurgeon.
    We shall see if its good or bad news then but I can tell you its agony right now,
    Anyone know anything about this?

xx Husky xx
This discussion has been closed.