Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Slip and Fall

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:28 AM in Health Insurance Issues
I had a slip and fall and I am in the middle of a lawsuit with my condiminium. So its just a matter of time till I get my settlement but I am in desperate need of surgery and I was hoping someone in here could tell me how I can get the surgery and pay for it after my settlement, or maybe someone in here might know how to get health insurance to bite, or hell you wanna just loan me the money for my two-level fusion and I'll pay ya back? (imagine a winking smily, my phone can't insert one, but I can insert one into your mind! Thanks for your time

• Is there some way you can put a clause in there that they are to pay for any future surgeries you may need related to this injury. I would hate to see you settle for a certain dollar amount but need more surgery in the future and your settlement money be not enough to cover. Can you do settlement amount plus they pay 100% of medical bills related to this injury for the rest of your life?

I've never had anything like this happen to me but I've seen where people settled and the money ran out real quick and they are still having medical issues but no money to pursue treatment. It's so sad to see that.

Sorry I can't help you out with the money. I would if I could but disability just doesn't pay the bills like a regular pay check would. It's better than nothing though so I can't complain.

I wish you the best of luck in finding a surgeon and on your settlement.
  • if your lawyer doesnt try this ya need another lawyer, get your surgeon or pm to write up a report of some kind relating the long term effect and prognosis of what your injury may hold, thats what i think, good luck!
    William Garza
    Spine-Health Mod

Welcome to Spine-Health

• Have your talked to your insurance company? What if this fall hadn't been someone else's fault or what if you lose your lawsuit? Wouldn't your health insurance have to pay for your medical bills anyways? When I had my MVA 15 years ago, my own auto insurance medical coverage took care of all my bills. I was rear-ended and my insurance company ended up filing against the person who hit me and they were reimbursed by her insurance, but I wasn't involved with any of that. I just sent my bills to my insurance company and they took care of everything.
  • When I had my accident it was 3 days before my medical kicked in at work, so its a prexisting condition. So it has to be out of pocket since insurance companies won't take this kind of injury on.
  • I'm in the middle of a lawsuit myself. Have you contacted your attorney? Sometimes if they believe the case if win-able and they have started a suit against the condo's insurance company many providers will simply submit the bill to the responsible insurance company. That's what I have several providers doing now because my insurance company refused to pay for many of my bills because some providers were out of network and I had a very high deductible. Please do not take my advice as legal advice but rather as someone who's been down that path. Many hospitals however simply refuse to bill a third party and that might work against you. However, If you had no insurance many hospitals are willing to make deals with patients and you might qualify for some special financial programs that many have in place. Check with the bigger hospitals and see if they have such a program.
  • If I brought my car to an auto mechanic he doesn't have to do anything to it unless he has the money or knows he can gaurantee payment. Its just a perc of being a mechanic. An orthopedic surgion is the same way. They don't have to lay a finger on me unless they know the money is there.