Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Departing in the AM for 2 level artificial disc surgery in Germany

steve55ssteve55 Posts: 86
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:28 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
C5/6 C6/7 -ADR scheduled for 2/26 w/ Dr Bertagnoli. Im really excited, dont have any fears or worries(Im thinking I should, maybe when Im being wheeled into the OR Ill start to panic-LOL). Im well aware that there is no guranty with any kind of surgery but I know it is what I have to do based on my pain levels and being miserable all the time. I know I have one of the top 2 multi level ADR Doctors in the world so no matter what happens, I shouldnt have any regrets of my decision. Im just so thankful I can afford the option to go ADR rather than fusion. Lucky for me, my surgery date beat my Aetna policy expiration by 2 days so I can have a descent chance of appeal( as my employer is switching to humana march 1st, a very non friendly adr carrier) I know fusion works for many, but I just dont feel comfortable with it. If I couldnt have afforded ADR, I would have waited until I could have gotten into a cervical multi level trial if necessary.

Ill be posting my recovery results here and at the ADR forum for others who are considering ADR also. I cant wait, really looking forward to it!! Hope I dont regret those words later. LOL
advertisement

Comments

• I hope you're soon pain free after the surgery. Take care and hope it works out for you. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • Steve,
    I am sending my best wishes for a comfortable journey for you tomorrow and will be sending my best thoughts and good vibes, that it all turns out a brilliant success.
    The German border is only an hour south of me so the good thoughts should reach you intact and strong!
    Hope you have packed a sweater or two !
    Viking :)))
  • Insurance wouldnt cover ADR here or just didnt trust the docs?

My friend had the first ADR in either Central FL or Florida itself, not sure, and it changed his life around.

good luck to you and be pain free soon enough.
  • Thanks everyone.

Jakotsu, .....a little bit of both actually. If my discogram had revealed only one bad disc, I would have had the single level done here in the us and my aetna would have covered it. Ifinsurance would have covered 2 level, I still would have had it done here with dr ziglar at tx back institute. But since insurance won't cover 2 level ( I doubt I'll win my appeals no matter where iget it done), I figured best to go to betagnoli since it's about 15k or more cheaper, and bertagnoli is considered one of the top 2 surgeons in the world for ADR, especially multi level , (no doctor has done more multi levels than him), I figured why not go to the best!!! Hope that clarifies : )
  • good luck with your ADR...talking about going to The Source...maybe he'll autograph it for you since he's The Cheese...seriously, though, safe travels. Maybe they'll have Wienerschnitzel in the hospital (surely will beat my hospital's Salisbury steak...they should have been arrested for serving that!)
  • sending good thoughts and wishes your way..
  • Good luck on your trip, and in the OR. Glad to see you are in good spirits and have confidence in this procedure and trust your surgeon to do right by you. Very important things in this type of injury. Best of wishes and cant wait to hear how you are doing when you return.
    Erica
advertisement