Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:28 AM in New Member Introductions
Hello everyone. I am a 37 yr old female from VA. I have not worked since 2003 because of my back. I had Microdiscectomy done January 2000 with complete relief. Had another one November 2003 with very little relief. My doctor has battled with my insurance company for almost 3 years to do a prodisc. I have only been sleeping about 2 hours a day because of the pain. My right leg has been numb all the way to my foot since 2002. I had a PLIF with instrumentation on 1-26-09. I had regained some feeling in my foot. I was walking. When the last few steri strips fell off, part of my incision was not closed. It was draining a clear/ yellowish fluid. Placed on Keflex for 10 days. I had a horrible sneeze last Tuesday. The scab came off. The wound began to drain a thicker fluid with blood in it. The pain has returned. The Darvocet and Ultram take the edge off, but do not relieve the pain. The incision is once again closed, but is now bulging at the top. If I sit up for more then 15 minutes, it gets larger and the pain gets worse. NP told me not to worry about it. My followup appt is 3-11. I also feel as though something has shifted in my back. Every once in a while I feel like something is poking me from the inside out. Sorry this is so long, just wanted to give you a complete picture. Presently on Baclofen, Robaxin, Neurontin, Darvocet and Ultram

• hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. good luck as you seek pain relief!! =D> please make yourself at home and have look around!! all the best! :D Jenny :)