Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

help! almost 6 months post op have alot pain in lower back

lheinzellheinze Posts: 19
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:28 AM in Lower Back Pain
hi everyone
had multi level laminectomy lumbar fusion on 9-12-08 have had so much pain the lower left back, pain in left hip numbness and tingling down leg and toes. had mri done today dr said level 5 was dark on the mri but said no more surgery at this time is sending me to a phisiatrist to help manage the pain. i know there was no guarantee that surgery would work but i really hoped it would anyone else experience alot of pain? any info or advice would be appreciated. thanks
advertisement

Comments

• It's been 2 1/2 yrs. since my surgery and I'm still having pain. It has flared up in the last couple of weeks so I guess it's back to the Dr. to see what's up. Hopefully I will be able to get some relief and I hope your dr. will be able to help you. Have they tried nerve blocks or anything like that ???
  • hi
    wow 2 1/2 yrs later still pain??? yikes. i hope you feel better. i am actually going to see a physiatrist soon so maybe he will try the nerve block with me.
  • my last operation .in Nov 07 it was a bilateral discectomy at S1 and a laminectomy at L4/L5 the pain is mostly lower back but i still have leg pain and a cold painful foot .life stinks as i am in pain ALL the time despite large amounts of oxycodone
    i have no answers but you are not on your own
    STRAKER
  • my last operation .in Nov 07 it was a bilateral discectomy at S1 and a laminectomy at L4/L5 the pain is mostly lower back but i still have leg pain and a cold painful foot .life stinks as i am in pain ALL the time despite large amounts of oxycodone
    i have no answers but you are not on your own
    STRAKER
  • I had a back fusion 9/25/08 & still have plenty of pain. Docs are trying to find the right balance of pain meds for me. I get side effects from everything. My surgeon says that sometimes he has patients who at any given time become painfree. Sometimes anywhere from 3-12 months. I am not giving up hope!! Norm God bless
  • Fusion of L4-5 to S1 with hardware last June.
    'Old' standard pain of left leg tingles, waist wrap around crushing pain and intermitant right testicle (constantly being kicked feeling) is still there and the 'kicked' feeling is now constant.

A love life is no longer an option...;>)
    This Transformer cannot anymore...
    My Legos fall apart...
    My bullets don't fit in the chamber anymore, let alone trying to fire a blank...
    I'd be happy just to have a flat tire but my rims are bare...
    My train pulled into the station but was HO scale...
    A ant walked up to me one day and asked "Where's the beef?"
    I looked up at the ant and was impressed...

The operation made things better in the few months after surgery but is now worse and constant.
    Such is life!

A typical post operation poker game:
    "I'll see your Flexeril and raise you 2 oxycodonne..."
advertisement
This discussion has been closed.