Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

3 month check up 2 level lumbar spinal fusion

downinmyheartddowninmyheart Posts: 497
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:28 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Today I went in for my 3 month check up after a 2 level (L5-S1 @ L4-L5) spinal fusion surgery. I am fusing! There is bone growth clearly visible on the CT scan. Yay!

Of course, this does nothing to stop my nerve pain, and the continual back pain. I am doing what I can to help that though and do believe that it will improve.

I start back to work full time on 3/2. I am glad to have a good job to go back to. That doesn't mean that I don't have mixed emotions about going back though...

One Love,

• Congratulations Stephanie! That is wonderful news, what all fusion patients want to hear. You must be doing great if your Dr. lets you go back to work next week. But remember, you are still recovering, so take it slow. If sitting tires you out, take short walks, or just stand up and do some leg exercises. It may be hard at first, but if you are careful and taking good care of yourself, you'll be OK.

Good luck and take care!

• I am so happy for you. It sounds like you had a great appt and was told what you wanted to hear. It must be nice knowing you are going back to work but scary at the same time. Have you considered asking that you do 1/2 days for a week to wean yourself back slowly or start on a Wednesday so you only have half a week (I didn't check to see what 3/2 falls on)?

Take it easy and get plenty of rest when you can and try not to over do it.

I am so happy for you <:P
  • Thank you. I am excited and anxious about going back to work. I know that I am still recovering. My body sure lets me know when I might forget, lol. :) Thank you for your support, and for always keeping a nice perspective.

One Love,

• I went back last week part time, and am going to continue part time until next Monday. I am glad for it too, cause being there half a day wore me out last week. :-P

One Love,