Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

ins co refusing to cover back surgery

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,670
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:28 AM in Degenerative Disc Disease
I have had back problems for many years but has progressed to point of severe pain. I have tried all types of treatment and nothing helps. My neurosurgeon is almost 4 hours away and is very well respected by his peers, but my ins. is saying that after reviewing MRI's and dr. notes that they feel my procedure (spinal fusion/disc replacement) can be done as outpatient and are totally contradicting my symptoms. They are saying I don't have nerve root impingement....I do....and they are contradicting many other symptoms. I am the patient. I know how badly I feel. I don't want surgery, but I trust my neurosurgeon. I want to fell well. Please has anyone else faced situations such as this?

• Had surgery in 97 and experiencing the same problems as before. Was schedule for surgery last August and WC stated in was DDD and would not cover cost. With no insurance I have nowhere to turn and even if I had insurance they would say it was existing condition and want WC to pay. My candle burning at both end and I the one getting burned and its quite painful. I understand you problems.