Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

discogram shows 3 tears----help please

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:28 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Got results from a discogram, basically shows 3 annular tears starting at L2-L3 through L5-S1. The biggest issue in pain causer is L4-L5. Causing branding iron right buttock pain all the time when I'm awake. As a side note , my body is lacking immunity right now, I think from having to fight chronic pain all the time the past 2 years without proper pain management. Anyways I have left sideed pneumonia with a fever 102-103.8 the past 4 days. I am really tired of being sick all the time. I really was a "normal" person until 2 years ago when i hurt myself while on a run.So will see a neurosurg. tomorrow if my fever is gone. Any ideas, treatment,or surg with 3 tears???? I have had multiple inj, PM doc,s,PT,Chiro, accupuncture and worked up for piriformis Any input would be greatly appreciated-thanks-

• I can't imagine having pneumonia along with back problems at the same time. I don't know how you're getting by, but I hope you get over it soon. You mentioned you aren't getting adequate care from your pain clinic-is it possible to find another one? Do you have any medication or are they just wanting to do injections? I hope your fever goes away so that you can make it to your neurosurgeon appt. so that something can be done to get you feeling better. I'm not familiar with annular tears but I do know some people have surgery for it. Your doctor may try more injections and nerve blocks for it. Do they have you on a nerve medication for the radiating pain?
  • I had 3 annular tears also. They did not find mine for 2 1/2 years after all the injections,tests etc. I would ask for some type of pain releif first of all. As far as the tears, I had a two level fusion and discectomy becasue of two were pain generators. The third they are going to watch because my Dr said that the more levels they do at one the greater failure rate for sucessful fusion. I am 8 weeks out and am hoping that this takes most of my pain away. I know there are other options than fusion, I hope you have a good neurologist and he can tell you what your options are. Maybe you will have different than me. Keep us posted as to what you find out.Good Luck