Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Hello from Florida!

RFLO1RRFLO1 Posts: 23
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:28 AM in New Member Introductions
Hi, my name is Bob, I am so glad to have found this website. It helps to know there are others in your situation. I had 2 lumbar lamenectomies(L4-L5 1981, L5-S1 1992, Staph Infection surgery 1992). I have had bad back pain, leg pain, groin pain, leg weakness etc. that is aggravated by sitting, standing, walking etc. I had an MRI done and it says L5-S1 autofusion with ostepohytes, foriminal narrowing on right. L4-L5 bulging disc, severe bilateral foriminal stenosis impinges on exiting nerve root, and slight retrolethesis at L2-L3 and bulging disc. I have been to Nuerosurgeon, who says he would like to do discography. I have been to PT and no help, other than making groin hurt. My biggest problem is that I have 5 medicated stents, with 2 that closed up in past. Therefore I cannot go off of Plavix for testing or surgery. I travel for work, and cannot do it anymore. I can last about a week, and then my knees get wobbly, and the pain hurts too bad to sit. I am contemplating going on Short term disability, as I am worried about getting fired. I know they will only let me not work for so long. Sorry for rambling, I appreciate everyone's support. I have some questions that I will post in the other forums. Thanks again! Bob

• Hi Bob, sorry to hear your in pain. Can they still operate while you on the plavix? I've had a laminectomy L3/4, a fusion L4/5 and tomorrow i have surgery on T12-L1 they have to go thru my side, remove a rib. Clean up the disk and put a metal plate in. I'm not looking forward to it. Hope you get some form of pain relief. Sherry
  • hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. please make yourself at home and have a look around. good luck as you search for pain relief! :D Jenny :)
  • finding this site is one of the best things you'll have done for a while!!
    I only joined last week & have actually felt calmer & more relaxed than I have for a while as there are people to talk to that know what you are going through.
    Good luck with things
    Ian, England
  • It sounds like you are facing some decisions that many of us have had to make. I had a discogram and it does help to narrow down which disc is causing the most pain. The procedure is not pleasant but well worth it in order to find the painful disc. I wish you much luck and please keep us posted.