Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Does chronic pain keep developing new thing in the body?

ButterflyPainBButterflyPain Posts: 290
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:28 AM in Chronic Pain
My chronic pain started a little over a year ago. First with headaches, then left sided neck pain and stiffness at night, with some numb tingling in hands. Then the neck pain got worse and went up behind the ear and back of head with head aches, and in the shoulder. Then it went down the left shoulder into the left arm pain. Then it went into my left leg and hip. Then the left arm started having a bit of weakness and my left wrist and hand is weaker with a much weaker grip than my right hand. Then I started getting lumbar pain and mid spine pain especially if I sit a lot lately.

It seems like as the months have gone by in the year all these things popped up. As well as sometimes the pain just gets worse etc, but never different feeling.

My question is, has anyone experience pain developed from an impinged nerve in the c spine and ruptured disc in the c spine? And after a certain time does new things stop popping up and just the degree of pain and weakness changes in the same areas affected?

advertisement

Comments

• I initially herniated my C5 - C6 disc in 1989 in the US Army. It started with a few shoulder and chest stingers. Within 3 months, I developed all sorts of head symptoms. I would have varying degrees of tingling, tightness, and burning in different areas in the head for the next 17 years. Sometimes I went over a year with hardly any symptoms. Sometimes I had them for a month at a time. Mind you, I never took medicines and lived a fairly high quality of life, doing lots of exercise and sports.

So the short answer is yes, symptoms can and do change, but it is never simple.

In my case, the pain cycles became progressively worse. I had one bad episode of pain in 2005, which prompted me to ultimately have a fusion. The subsequent 2 years were diabolically painful, vastly worse than anything I ever experienced. Well, in the last year, I really started to turn around, playing soccer and running often enough. Go figure.

This discussion has been closed.