Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

360 coming up...

alcbaalcb Posts: 140
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:28 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
My story is below. I am having a revision...sort of at L5/S1, the beginning of May. I had PLIF the 1st time, and have had 2 C-sections and a hysterectomy in the past. I am dreading the pain all over again, especially combined with abdominal pain and muscle weakness. What challenges have others faced with having a 360...or even just a revision, b/c the scar tissue is going to be tough (literally). My OS says my recovery is going to be about the same as my PLIF, but I have my doubts. I was back to work 1/2 days at 7 wks and full days at 8 wks. (I'm a nurse in an MD's office) Any suggestions or comments?? All are appreciated!!!

• I had my 360 with artificial disc replacement in mid November. I am back to work and all is as expected. I have some sorenes in my mid and upper back from overuse but that is expected. The doctor said I will be sore at first and to take OTC pain reliever as needed. My recovery was unbelievably smooth and easy. I really felt great, no abdominal pain at all even though my scar was about 8 inches horizontally for access to my L4/L5 area. They didn't cut muscle but rather pushed it out of the way so the pain is not hysterectomy pain, thank God. I wish you success and a speedy recovery.