Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Question about neck pain developing as months go on...Thanks.

ButterflyPainBButterflyPain Posts: 290
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:28 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
My chronic pain started a little over a year ago. First with headaches, then left sided neck pain and stiffness at night, with some numb tingling in hands. Then the neck pain got worse and went up behind the ear and back of head with head aches, and in the shoulder. Then it went down the left shoulder into the left arm pain. Then it went into my left leg and hip. Then the left arm started having a bit of weakness and my left wrist and hand is weaker with a much weaker grip than my right hand. Then I started getting lumbar pain and mid spine pain especially if I sit a lot lately.
It seems like as the months have gone by in the year all these things popped up. As well as sometimes the pain just gets worse etc, but never different feeling.
My question is, has anyone experience pain developed from an impinged nerve in the c spine and ruptured disc in the c spine? And after a certain time does new things stop popping up and just the degree of pain and weakness changes in the same areas affected?

• Your MRI reads imho, not too bad. It appears you have degenerating discs, with small herniations.If this is the case, then degeneration keeps going on every day, in VERY slow increments. Any of the nerves below the affected levels, can cause pain, numbness, spasms, etc. So as things progress, certainly you can see more symptoms. Perhaps it's time for another MRI, to see what changes have taken place. This would be the first step I would take. Then perhaps a consult with a neuro-surgeon specializing in spines, if your pain doesn't lessen. Anxiety and depression can make pain worse, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't make every effort to find out the root cause. While pain medication is very important, it just helps with the symptoms, won't cure anything. Good luck, and hang in there.

• MetalneckMetalneck Island of Misfit toysPosts: 1,364
    Yes the nature, feeling, texture, location, severity, quality ..... etc etc of my pain(s) has changed greatly over the past 10 - 15 years and of course significantly over the past three surgical years.

Quote of the day .... "there is no pain in change ... only resistance"

I have told you this before .... you are far to beautiful to have to be dealing with this stuff!!

Good Luck, Prayers, and Happy Necking!

Spine-health Moderator
    Welcome to Spine-Health  Please read the linked guidelines!!