Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Back pain blessed me

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,622
I have severe back pain and bugged the doctors to do a repeat MRI and it happened in January.

For me I am now happy I have had back problems as they discovered cancer on the MRI. The cancer is operable and in my kidney.

Had I not needed this MRI I likely would have found out too late.

Other good news is that I have a fantastic pain doctor. I am still on significant MS Contin but can walk without a cane for the first time for 2 years.

Rae
advertisement

Comments

• Yes I took some time thinking to post this. I do not apologise.

Going through tests to make sure the cancer has spread is taking up much of my days and I am bone tired the rest of the time. The time I am on line tends to be at night when I cannot sleep.
  • I'm sorry for your pain and suffering.

Are you still on significant MS Contin,or is your Dr still weaning you as you mentioned in the other thread?
  • Robin,

Sorry for my behavior, it does not seem rational that I posted the other thread at the same time. My doctor would love if I weaned down on the MS Contin, I just don't think I am in a good place mentally and am only functioning well on the pills now.

The back did cause finding the cancer but none of it is a blessing. I am sick of it all and coping is an issue at the moment.

I guess still if I did not have the bad back the cancer probably would not be detected in time. Although to be sure about it all my kidney does need to be removed.

Sorry - babbling

Rae
  • I think I understand what you mean about your back not feeling like a blessing,but yet probably saving your life at the same time..maybe a mixed blessing then?

Maybe if you ask your Dr why he wants you to wean now..I mean,I would think that now would not be a good time because surely the cancer must be painful-surely the Dr knows and understands this-of course.There must be a logical reason--maybe it's so that when you have your surgery they won't have a hard time keeping your pain controlled~because the pain from the surgery itself,mixed with your normal pain? A lot of the people here posting waiting for neck or back fusions are weaned as well before their surgeries,for this reason.

Hey-I get crabby with my pain too,but you have a lot of added stress,and I think good reasons to be going through a range of emotions now.I wish that I could offer more help or knowledge for your tremendous amount of concern at the moment,and I hope that this is soon behind you.

I'm always here to listen if you need an ear.
  • Lol, I call it babble - I have such a mixed bag of emotions to go through and it is nice people like you who help.

I am afraid of pain with this surgery. I currently am having the bowel issues caused by narcotics so I am worrying about that. Any problem I encounter I start worrying about cancer spreading. I have a colonoscopy in mid to late march so that will be a good thing.

Robin these cancers move slowly so they are not in any hurry but I would sure love to have it OVER.

Hope your weekend is good, I am going to my parents tomorrow and will be back Sunday.

Rae
advertisement