Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

week 8

mrs pmmrs p Posts: 230
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:28 AM in Diet, Nutrition, Weight Loss
hi all well week 8 has arrived and im still holding on in here.
i lost 0.1kg this week not exactly as much as i wanted to loose but still aloss i suppose.
hope the rest off you are doing good im looking forward to seeing your posts.
so glad to have you all here the support is so important to keep us all going.

• due to memory issues, i do not know what my my weigh was last time ii posted,,,,not even sure when i posted last...ooops...gotta luv these meds..ROFLOL!....but anyway...do kinda remember started out this mess in jan. at 368lb....now today...........
    thats 12lbs!!!and i still not able to move...all from the meds....go mug your docs for it!!!!LOL! =))

so, good luck to all...cheer up if it didnt happen for you this week, remember that tomorrow is another day!

• In weight that is. Lost two pounds and now at 266. Thats great Dawn, keep up the good work. And always ty P.

• Congrats Dawn! Keep up the good work, little by little the weight loss starts to add up.

• Paula, I see any weight loss as a success. Just keep at it, you may not see it on the scale yet but if your clothes are feeling looser you are losing!

Keep it up! :)

Congrats on the loss Mitch!

I haven't lost or gained but with the amount of chocolate I'm eating I need to watch out. Once I see a Dr. and get pain meds I will start on the treadmill and stationary bike, but I don't want to risk more pain right now.

I hope more of you post this week, with a weight loss or not.

• Is that I didn't gain. didn't really lose either. maybe a half a pound.

To motivate myself I joined the gym. My plan is to go 3-4 times a week, and just do what I can and not worry what anyone thinks about me. The trainer who signed me up actually suggested I do the "silver sneakers" classes. Yikes! I think I'll pass on that one and stick with other 40 somethings. Not that I have anything against the older group, I just would rather think of myself as a younger soon-to-be-thinner person.

with the membership, I will have one-on-one training with a personal trainer, who will meet with me bi-monthly. Also, free counseling with a dietician. Now I just need someone to give me a massage when I am through working out and it will be better than going to physical therapy!

So hopefully next week I'll have a big loss.

Surviving chronic pain one day at a time, praying for a reprieve because living another 40 years like this doesn't sound too fun!
  • From talking to a lot of us (weight loss group) it really sounds like a big mental shift has taken place in reguards to eating and exercise. For me at least this is the biggest factor with my health, I had lost twenty five pounds last fall but it was mainly due to being in total pain and pushing my body too hard. Over the last three months I have put ten of those pounds back on due to very very poor health. But.......... I really feel that I am getting stronger physically and mentally and I'm working towards better life habits. I have yet to step on my treadmill once lately, but it will be soon judging from how I feel.

I'm really excited that your push is to join the gym and to be positive. I heard this from my surgeon and I am actually starting to believe it "you will know over time what is best for your body, even better than the doctors and physical therapists". Of course this doent mean they arent the experts on your body mechanics and physiology, but as far as what flairs you up and what calms you down, you know more than anyone. Take care...........Mitch
  • good luck to all.
    Recommend you smash season 1 dvd,a very good-looking DVD!
This discussion has been closed.