Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

2 weeks post op L5-S1 TLIF

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:28 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
I had my 2 week post op check up today. The x-rays showed everything in place and doing fine. I have been off pain meds for about 4 days. I'm not pain free but what I do have is easily managable.
I have been walking a mile a day spaced out over 3 sessions during the day since 4 days post op with no problems. Two days ago I kicked it up to 2 miles but that was a mistake. I started getting some L leg pain that night and went back to 1 mile yesterday. The leg pain is almost gone today. I was told by the Dr. today to stay at a mile for the next 2 weeks and then GRADUALLY increase the distance. LESSON LEARNED!!. So far I am extremely pleased. I feel so go I'm really going to have to be careful not to over do it.
During the day I get up about every 45 min. or so and walk inside the house for a few minutes. For me I believe that has been the key to feeling as good as I do.
I'll give another update in a week or so......Good luck to all.....Mike

• So great to read how good you are doing. I am going in on March 24 for TLIF L4-S1 and I hope I am doing as well as you after 2 weeks.
    Keep up the good news and take care.
  • Poollady, I hope all goes well. I'll really feel good when I find out the fusion is taking place. I don't know how long it is before it shows on the xray. I forgot to ask at my app. yesterday. Maybe someone out there knows who has been through it......Mike