Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

A week away from my neck surgery...

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:28 AM in Matters of the Heart
And my wife and I are split up. 2 weeks ago she says she wants a divorce and walked out the door. 6 days later she comes to see the kids and says she doesn't want a divorce, she wants to go to counseling.

She is staying with a friend (or so she says).

My issue is that with all the crap going on between us, all the added stress that she has dumped on me that I am now deathly afraid of going under the knife.

She is pleading with me to get the surgery done still and she wants to be there and then help me during my 4-6 weeks of recovery.

I've lived with it for this long, what's another few months til we either split for good or work it out?

• sunny1966ssunny1966 VIRGINIAPosts: 1,385
    Sorry you're having difficulties with your wife. This is a decision only you can make. You're the only one who knows how you feel. Good luck
  • Oh, Man that has to be tough! You will need to let your heart get you through this one! You may be best served to see if you can let go of the pain of this situation till after your surgery. Perhaps she is scared! That is easy enough to understand. But, you will need to figure out how best to handle it.

If you can talk then do so. Perhaps you may be in need of an emergency pow-wow with a counseler, clergy, therapist etc,
    Someone who can help diffuse the situation. Try and remain calm when talking to her, no matter what the situation. I do have just enough therapy experience to know anger will not help.

My thoughts and prayers go with you.
  • kx, I'm sorry you're going through this. I don't know you're situation exactly, but this MAY be something to think about: Women are nurterers. We love to take care of people (especially our families) and feel needed. Perhaps, just PERHAPS, after you have the surgery and she is taking care of you (and you let her), there will be a new closeness and bonding that can be the starting ground for working it out. I don't know, maybe I'm talking out my rearend, but that's the first thing I thought of when I read your post.

I hope everything works out for you. The added stress is so very difficult.

Take care,