Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

RF Ablation Tomorrow 2/27 at 12

MelissaJoMMelissaJo Posts: 196
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:28 AM in Spinal Injections
Yah I am worried about this procedure. The things are what I am worried about
1) the size of the needle that is used to do the ablation!
2) The pain following!!!!

I know the doc is going to give me some iv sedation for this. He already told me he would. THANK GOD!!!!
I am just worried about the healing time with the size of the needle.
I am also wonder how bad the pain was the few days following the procedure!
He is going to do a 3 level ablation at L5.4&3 on BOTH sides! so not just along the right side where the most of the pain is. He wants to do both.

Also I am currently taking percocet 10/325 and nuerontin 300mg 3X's a day.
The percocet doesnt seem to be as effective as it used to even though I have only been on it for a few months. I am going to ask him to switch me down to norco 10's. For some reason with my past docs this seems to help. I build a tolerence quickly. I need something to help with the pain at night. That is what wakes me the most. The only thing that has helped in the past is the morphine immediate release. I just HATE asking for a med change, but I am going to have to since I am not getting effective pain relief the way it is. My doc is pretty awesome and understanding since he himself has had back surgery! I just HATE asking for the change.
Anyway any input would be greatly apprecitated!
Thank you everyone

• i had a rf done both sides of my lower back about jan 2008.it will take about a month for the nerve to die...good luck.
  • Hey MJ,

I haven't talked to you in forever. How did you make out with the RF Ablation? Was it just the diagnosis test or the real deal? I hope you are getting some releif from this. I had the diagnosis injection and it didn't offer any pain releif so they knew the real deal wasn't going to work for me.

I hope they gave you a sedative prior to the procedure. I always have one called into my pharmacy so I can take it on my way to my appt cuz I get sick to my stomach and feel like I'm gonna pass out if I start getting stuck by needles.

MJ, I hope you are doing well and I think of you often. Please keep in touch. I miss talking to you and you are always in my thoughts and prayers.

Your Spiney Friend,